PDA

View Full Version : AQ call or fold??

Alpha Fhish
04-18-2005, 05:08 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t1000)
UTG (t1000)
UTG+1 (t1000)
UTG+2 (t1000)
MP1 (t1000)
MP2 (t1000)
MP3 (t1000)
CO (t1000)
Hero (t1000)
SB (t1000)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t15, UTG+1 calls t15, UTG+2 calls t15, MP1 calls t15, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls t15, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t80</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls t65, UTG+1 calls t65, UTG+2 calls t65, MP1 calls t65, CO calls t65.

Flop: (t502.50) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t350</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls t350, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, CO calls t350.

Turn: (t1552.50) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets t125</font>, CO is all in
Hero??

Apathy
04-18-2005, 05:15 PM
CO plays this hand really funky. If they had a monster why not raise the flop when they closed the action (A4)? UTG could have 22, or ace rag, I've even seen people in there with K2 (it is the first hand)

I really hate your huge flop bet. Theres no need to bet so much since you are either way ahead or way behind with no draws on board. This is an easy fold if you bet 150 or so and get two calls then the turn goes bet, allin.

As it stands, even with the huge pot youve created you still have to fold, you could be beat in both places, but are likely beat in at least one.

tjh
04-18-2005, 11:15 PM
What is the buyin ??

Anyone else think that the other players might have "first deal low stakes dementia" and therefore this hand should be played to the river ?

tjh
04-18-2005, 11:18 PM
In addition, folding leaves him with a short stack.

What about the value of being either tripled up, vs being out of there in 10 seconds ? Seems like your hourly rate could be improved by actually losing or winning this decisively at hand one !

stupidsucker
04-18-2005, 11:44 PM
you have just witnessed why people hate AQ.

I honestly say I dont know here. My first reaction is to push the flop, but up against soooo many preflop callers it is hard..

First off.... I limp preflop after all those limpers. If I do bet, then I bet 125 maybe 175 with that many limpers. If I am pushed on then I flod. I feel the bet is too week and you got more callers then you bargained for preflop.

OK what are you afraid of and what could they have. well AA, KK, AK , A2 and 22 are all big problems. A2,22 being the only hands that would reasonably play this this way(they would still be terrible) AK is another that IS played this way all the time. To tell you the truth I dont think limping with AK in early position is a terrible move at all. Nor is calling a raise the size you made.
Well soooo many players....3 hands that could be out there that do dominate you. You really have to be careful. Idiots abound at all levels, but people play AA and KK this way allllll the time too.

Proceed with caution. Thats a tasty morsel of a flop/pot that many people will want to get involved in if they have a piece. I say that small bets wont do anything but you get re-raised. Shoot me if you want to I think its a good one to check/fold to if there is action. calling small bets is a must if they keep it cheap.

Your choice on the turn is an easy fold. There is too much action to play top pair only.

prepotency
04-18-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First off.... I limp preflop after all those limpers. If I do bet, then I bet 125 maybe 175 with that many limpers. If I am pushed on then I flod. I feel the bet is too week and you got more callers then you bargained for preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my initial reaction as well. AQo is a trap hand with this many players in. You need to raise hard pre-flop or limp. That being said, if things aren't too crazy on the flop, i'm either going to put out a feeler bet or push. I think you are definitely ahead here. Yeah, I'm putting out a feeler, this is a hit or miss board, there's not a lot to chase, you'll probably take it down without a fight. If you don't, push over their raise.