PDA

View Full Version : The New Battlestar Galatica TV Show on the SciFi Channel

Felix_Nietsche
04-18-2005, 04:35 PM
The first season of the new Battlestar Galatica on the Sci-Fi Channel is over and I was impressed. The season finale blew me away.........

It took me a while to get use to the idea that the characters Starbuck and Boomer are women in new version but I think the new show is extremely good. The original show in the 1980s(?) seemed really hip at the time but it got old pretty quickly. I don't see this happening with the New BG...

Any other fans out there?

guller
04-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Yep great show. I missed the last few weeks though. Working on the road has it's disadvantages.

LALDAAS
04-18-2005, 04:47 PM
Awsome! This and SG Atlantis are set up in my DVR(TIVO)

AngryCola
04-18-2005, 06:02 PM
You know, I always disgaree with you in Politics, but not this time!

My avatar answers your question. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ringo_Mojo
04-18-2005, 06:19 PM
I dig the show quite a bit, but i still have a problem with Starbuck. Not that the character is now a woman, but that the character is not played by Dirk Benedict. In my mind Starbuck== Dirk Benedict and no other actor could ever play the part.

Perhaps they should have had Dirk Benedict play the part in drag. Then the best of both worlds /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BiffMan
04-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I'm kinda hoping that they'll maybe get Dirk Benedict in there to do a cameo like Richard Hatch has done before the series is through.

I'm the same way about it being odd to see anyone else in the role, but that said I do have to admit that there have been a few times where the new Starbuck has managed some good maniacal grins that are pretty close to Dirk's...