PDA

View Full Version : Call or Fold???

TheLion
04-18-2005, 03:52 PM
I was playing in my Bi-weekly home game yesterday ($25 buy in, NL, tournament style, no re-buys, 7 players, 1st and 2nd get paid). When it got down to heads up, it was myself and another player whom I consider to be very solid, and well versed in the intricacies of heads up play. Now to the hand:

Blinds: 150/300
Hero:~2400 chips
Villain:~3600 chips

Hero is in SB with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero raises to 900
Villain thinks for a few minutes and moves all in

Any comments/explanations to your choice would be appreciated.

RunDownHouse
04-18-2005, 03:58 PM
I'm by no means an expert, but I think I'd fold and find a spot where I'm less likely to be dominated. Any A or even trash like T8 would be better (than being dominated), right?

On the other hand he might be pushing with Ax, so you're not dominated at all and have two overs to his kicker...

I guess still fold. But, clearly, I'm not an expert at this. More of a read would be helpful, like if you thought he'd do this with A2, or he wouldn't do it with less than a PP or AK-AT, etc.

TheLion
04-18-2005, 04:02 PM
I will post what I did and what he turned over in a day or two. I figure he would have done this with any pair, Ax, two face cards, and was fully capable of a stone cold bluff in this situation.

RunDownHouse
04-18-2005, 06:22 PM
Also, you'd probably have much better luck posting this in one of the tournament forums.