PDA

View Full Version : Too agressive on 6th?

beta1607
04-18-2005, 03:45 PM
7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.5, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Hero: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___completes
Seat 2: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls

4th Street

Hero: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

5th Street

Hero: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

6th Street

Hero: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___raises___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

River

Hero: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___bets

Looking back I should have raised 4th or 5th despite seat 8 pairing his door card to hopefully shut out players behind me. Did I get a little to carried away 3-betting 6th? I felt like there was a decent chance my hand was good and even if I was behind I was still drawing to 9 outs of the remaining 32 on seen cards.

beta1607
04-19-2005, 03:01 PM
no comments?

bigredlemon
04-19-2005, 03:45 PM
with 2 4s and a 5 dead, you can't really figure him for a straight of a full house. It looks like he's using his position to kick out everyone else, and hoping to win it with two pair or maybe trips. You're most likely ahead so I'd 3 bet it. You slowed down when he capped it.

Andy B
04-19-2005, 10:21 PM
How likely is it that the fourth-street bettor limped in on third street with split Tens? I complete with them every time in that spot, but a lot of folks limp. Also, did he bet large or small? If he bet small, and is the sort that would try to suck you in when he has hit trips, that would make me lean towards a fold. You don't know if he has trips, though. If he has two pair or less, you would want to raise to get it heads-up, except that 32o and 85o should be folding anyway. If he has trips, you want to fold. I guess calling is OK.

(I think people weren't responding because this is a tough spot.)

When 3255 raises you on fifth, he is saying one of two things:

1) He can beat trip Queens.

2) He isn't paying attention.

You went for door number two, which is understandable. When he caps, it looks like you're beaten, but you have to pay it off, because this is seven-card stud.