PDA

View Full Version : fold sucker straight?

TStoneMBD
04-18-2005, 02:52 PM
i know you guys hate it when i say no reads so;

villain is 57/29/1 after 7 hands.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

mtdoak
04-18-2005, 02:58 PM
For one bet I'd say call down. If it was raised and reraised, than its an easy muck.

gaming_mouse
04-18-2005, 03:05 PM
Nice fold, IMO.

SB complete is marginal.

ErrantNight
04-18-2005, 03:07 PM
i like the fold, too, i think the complete is easy.

chief444
04-18-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm checking this flop.

gaming_mouse
04-18-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm checking this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty indifferent about check/bet on this flop. I'd probably bet though. I don't think it matters too much either way.

chief444
04-18-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty indifferent about check/bet on this flop. I'd probably bet though. I don't think it matters too much either way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm. I felt pretty strongly about the check. I'm curious to hear some other opinions too. Why is it you don't mind the bet? The way I see it is there's little chance of him having the best hand. I guess getting a Q to fold is great the only issue there is I don't see a Q folding very often here. A loose player will call with the gutshot and a solid player will have a kicker with it that gives him a hand worth calling. Getting another 7 to fold is good as well and possible. I just don't see his draw as being that strong though (and I don't see him winning unimproved often at all) and on this coordinated of a board I don't see many hands going away.

gaming_mouse
04-18-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it you don't mind the bet? The way I see it is there's little chance of him having the best hand. I guess getting a Q to fold is great the only issue there is I don't see a Q folding very often here. A loose player will call with the gutshot and a solid player will have a kicker with it that gives him a hand worth calling. Getting another 7 to fold is good as well and possible. I just don't see his draw as being that strong though (and I don't see him winning unimproved often at all) and on this coordinated of a board I don't see many hands going away.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, do not discount the importance of his hand possibly being best. I agree it is not likely, but it is key that he bet this if he does have the best hand.

You have listed a number of reasons yourself above that argue for the fold, and I agree with them.

One general advantage of betting draws like this in EP is that it disguises your hand and earns you more bets when you hit.

Finally, betting out will allow you to save bets by making good folds when you are behind. The way the hand played out here is a good example of this IMO.

FoodForThought
04-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Easy fold IMO. Perhaps check the flop to see what happens (I really don't think you will buy this pot on the flop and your hand kind of sucks)? If there is action (eg. if UTG+1 bets, CO raises, and buttons calls ), I think it is an easy fold on flop. If it gets checked to button who bets, you can raise (or just call and bet turn safe card). The danger is having it checked around...but, with that kind of flop, that is not likely....and given that a bet probably won't fold a hand that will eventually beat you (perhaps Arag or baby pocket pair...even a stronger 9 will stay).

chief444
04-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I agree this is a very easy turn fold. To me the flop seems much more interesting.

I think he may hold the best hand here maybe 1/3 of the time and may have 20% equity. Maybe I'm underestimating that. I'm not saying just give up on the hand yet but I think the flop disagreement really boils down to what we feel this hand is worth here. I'm not sure either how betting out makes it easier to lay down. I think a pretty typical result of the flop bet would it coming back to you for one more with 3 opponents still in.

TStoneMBD
04-18-2005, 04:55 PM
im going out so ill post results. villain showed his hand even though he didnt have to, showing Q3hh.