SB(5600)
Hero is BB(2400)
UTG(1400)
Button(1000)

Blinds are 100/200

Hero is dealt KQo
Preflop: fold, fold, SB completes
Hero ??

Read on SB is: willingness to call AIs of this nature w/ any pair or A10+ or any 2 broadway.
Should I raise to 500-600ish or should I push?

Page Jacobson
04-18-2005, 02:31 PM
I would be asking myself, would SB slow play a big hand in this situation?

If the answer is no, I push.

TruFloridaGator
04-18-2005, 02:32 PM
Yeah I did, lost another CF to 55 =\ I just want to win 1 out 5 of those lol /images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't even ask to break even with the odds anymore.

gasgod
04-18-2005, 02:34 PM
Was your edit to add the blinds? Cuz I just deleted a post asking what they were. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I would be a little reluctant to get aggressive while on the bubble. This would be an excellent spot for SB to trap with a monster, especially with the blinds as low as they are. Suppose you were the SB and looked down at AK. It doesn't take a really tricky player to think of just completing.

Maybe I'm being weak-tight, but I would check.

Disclaimer: I suck at bubble play, and could be way off here.

GG

pooh74
04-18-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would be asking myself, would SB slow play a big hand in this situation?

If the answer is no, I push.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the sb has loose calling standards as was the read, I wouldnt push this for anything...ax has you beat, and honestly, why would u put your tourney life on the line here, you're in good shape and can still steal from the other two (if BS lets you...and who cares honestly who steals from them as long as its either you or BS).

I would check this and play any K/Q on a flop pretty strongly (whether he bets or doesnt). He wont suspect a thing.

TruFloridaGator
04-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Yeah it was, thanks for the response.

Sam T.
04-18-2005, 02:43 PM
In the SB, I'll push this all day long, and against one of the smaller stacks, pushing here would probably be a good play as well.

In the BB against a monster stack, I think I'd check and have a look at the flop. Here's my thinking:

-You have position for the rest of the hand. If a K or Q falls you are almost certainly ahead, and now you have a chance to double up, especially if he bets into you.
-The two short stacks are to your left. You should be able to rob them silly, esp. since the big stack seems (based on one hand) to be a bit timid.
-You may not have much folding equity. You will get called by Ax way to often here.

My two cents,

Sam

Dominic
04-18-2005, 02:48 PM
I agree with the others - if the SB is at all tricky, this is an easy check. If you flop TP, you're golden - if you miss, check it down/fold.

There is one time I might raise here - if the SB is one of those players who gets a big lead and then shuts down to any pressure without a monster. Then, I might raise here. If he calls or raises, I'm done with the hand, however.

TruFloridaGator
04-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Yeah I figured so, since the short stacks were on my left. I guess this was a semi-stupid play.

TruFloridaGator
04-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Any other responses, looking for a few more oppinions(however twisted they may be) /images/graemlins/grin.gif