PDA

View Full Version : Absolute min br for .5/1

Deamon2
04-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Hi all- I play .5/1 he at empire (party)

A little more than a month ago I hit a huge cold wave (one of the ones people write home about), lost like 140xBB in a week, and decided to cash out what I had left (about $90 having bought in for the idiot's $50) and take a break. I think I'm ready to go back into it now. I know I should have a br of at least 300xBB, but I'm not terribly comfortable depositing that into empire. What do you guys think the min I could buy in for is that would still give me a fighting chance, even if I have to play conservatively

tiltaholic
04-18-2005, 02:07 PM
i did it with about $25, but i wouldn't recommend it. if you are willing to risk busting out against the chance you won't hit a 150bb downswing, i think a winning player can manage with $150.

i would recommend you take whatever amount you are comfortable depositing and if that is less than $150 start at a site with lower limits.

jrz1972
04-18-2005, 02:10 PM
Yeah I would be mildly okay with just $150. I've never had a downswing that bad, so if my first just happened to occur after starting over with a skeleton-crew bankroll, I would have to chalk that up to really bad luck/timing.

bottomset
04-18-2005, 02:25 PM
I was a SNG player before switching to limit, ran with 50 in June, never looked back .. only been playing limit since Nov ish

aK13
04-18-2005, 02:26 PM
Hit up the bonuses to build up your bankroll again is probably safest.

Pokerplex has a $50 for $50 (limits are 1/2 unfortunately) but you only need to play 300 hands (raked or unraked both count).

I started straight up with instant bankroll ($75 free, then $25 more after 500 raked hands) and didn't bust multitabling on that bankroll, so you can try that if you don't want to risk the 1/2 at cryptos (everyone there is weak-tight).

Check out bonus whores -- another possibility is TGC (Gaming Club). Their bonus is nice, they give a max of $300 on a deposit of $20 or more, but there's some restrictions on what types of games and how much of the bonus you can clear at each limit. Even if you get $100 out of that, it definitely helps.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Rosencrantz1
04-18-2005, 02:37 PM
I don't play at Empire, so I don't know what tables they offer, but why not throw in $50 and play lower stakes (.25/.50) to build up the BR?

KingOtter
04-18-2005, 02:41 PM
You don't really need to have $300 sitting in your poker-site's account in order to have 300BB to play at whatever level.

You do need to have access to at least 300BB of bankroll in order to weather another downturn.

If you have $200 in Neteller and $100 at Empire, you have 300BB bankroll for .5/1.

If you have $50 at Empire, $100 at Party, and $150 at Paradise, you have 300BB bankroll for .5/1.

Just know if you want to play a particular site, and you lose it all, you may have to move to another site and play or transfer money from somewhere else.

The recommendation of 300BB is really talking about available funds more than immediate access at the particular poker site you're playing.

KO

Catt
04-18-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi all- I play .5/1 he at empire (party)

A little more than a month ago I hit a huge cold wave (one of the ones people write home about), lost like 140xBB in a week, and decided to cash out what I had left (about $90 having bought in for the idiot's $50) and take a break. I think I'm ready to go back into it now. I know I should have a br of at least 300xBB, but I'm not terribly comfortable depositing that into empire. What do you guys think the min I could buy in for is that would still give me a fighting chance, even if I have to play conservatively

[/ QUOTE ]

(emphasis added)

This would not be a good action plan.