PDA

View Full Version : Who played this worse?

SonicReducer
04-18-2005, 01:40 PM
Who played this worse, me or him? And what should I have done different?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t1875)
SB (t665)
BB (t1260)
Hero (t2625)
MP (t1575)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t200</font>, MP calls t200, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls t100.

Flop: (t650) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP checks.

Turn: (t650) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t700</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t1060 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t360.

River: (t2770) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2770

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 2h Kh (two pair, kings and twos).
Hero has Kc 9s (one pair, kings).
Outcome: BB wins t2770. </font>

TruFloridaGator
04-18-2005, 01:44 PM
I don't like any of your play, fold it preflop UTG.
Why are you checking the flop? Bet the flop strong, then if he calls you are probably going to be committed on the turn, but then it's UL from there.

microbet
04-18-2005, 01:57 PM
I think you played it worse - no offense.

Min-raise UTG with K9o? Calling from BB with K2s is much better.

Don't know what he was thinking on the flop. He may have been thinking about check-raising or slowplaying or thinking you had him beat.

He hit the turn and reeled you in with a weak bet.

I think he played the hand well.

You should have folded preflop for sure. I would have bet the flop if I got there.

EasilyFound
04-18-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he played the hand well.

[/ QUOTE ]

And, he was suited. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

The Yugoslavian
04-18-2005, 02:03 PM
You played this hand worse and it's not even close

Frankly, the question you pose isn't even a good or worthwhile one....since it's inconsequential how 'badly' your opponent played the hand. What *is* important is how you played it....

Yugoslav

e_fermat
04-18-2005, 02:05 PM
Agree with Gator.

BB played correctly although I would have bet out on the flop if I were BB.

Preflop: I don't mind raising 3BB if the table is tight but a min-raise won't accomplish anything. BB has odds to call with a huge range of hands. K9o is much better on the button.

Flop: Bet now and take it down, the pot is already 650. Bet 400 or so.

Turn: Why is BB betting now after checking the flop? Unless you read BB to be clueless, he seems to want action with a 100 bet into a 650 pot so either he slowplayed a monster, hit a set of 2's, or hit 2 pair. But given you have him covered by a lot, I would probably go on to lose this hand myself had i been in that position.

SonicReducer
04-18-2005, 02:07 PM
After I looked at it my thought was that I shold have folded pre-flop. I don't know what I was thinking.

On the good side I did win the whole thing in the end, so they weren't all bad...

Apathy
04-18-2005, 02:08 PM
You played it much worse.
1. Fold Preflop
2. Why didn't you bet the flop? You represented a big hand PF , follow up.
3. Why would raise the turn so big after not betting the flop?

TruFloridaGator
04-18-2005, 02:10 PM
Nice win after a pretty brutal hand.

Apathy
04-18-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB played correctly although I would have bet out on the flop if I were BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very wrong. BB should have folded PF as well, and certaintly should not bet out on the flop, he played fine post flop.

He only made one small PF mistake and the hero made 3 pretty big mistakes.

TruFloridaGator
04-18-2005, 02:12 PM
You check the flop? What's the reasoning? Thanks as always ap.

Apathy
04-18-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You check the flop? What's the reasoning? Thanks as always ap.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a VERY good chance you do not have the best hand on the flop. If you are smooth called you probably lose the hand (unless you improve which is unlikely). There are two players still to act, one of them raised utg and the other called the raise.

You would need to bet at least 400 to find out where you are in the hand, which would demolish your FE because of your stack size, were you to lose the hand which is a pretty real possibility.

pooh74
04-18-2005, 02:25 PM
I cant even see where BB misplayed this hand AT ALL. He played it to a tee perfectly...minraise with a caller, 5-1 on his money to see a flop? geez...then a check...fine, turn a 2 pair and sucks u in...perfect.

You: Shouldve folded PF...but ok, you played it...but a minraise?! What were u hoping to achieve? Raise more to take the blinds, if you want action...wait for a better hand?!

Flop: You check this?! what for? You dont have a monster!

Awful...but you won and you learned "dont minraise K9o from UTG at level 4 with 6 players left" (or whatever it was)

SonicReducer
04-18-2005, 02:29 PM
I've generally been doing ok with my play. But every once in a while I find my self making a mistake like this and then sometimes making it worse by trying to bluff my way out of it.

Thanks for the feedback.