PDA

View Full Version : What is going on?

wegs the wegs
04-18-2005, 01:35 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.5 BB (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($58.25)
BB ($39.85)
UTG ($30.5)
Button ($97.53)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, alenesq checks, Button calls $0.50, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">alenesq bets $3</font>, Button calls $3, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, BB folds, alenesq calls $7, Button calls $7.

Turn: ($32) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $24</font>, alenesq calls $24, Button calls $24.

River: ($104) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $23.75 (All-In)</font>, alenesq folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: $127.75

I was four-tabling the 6max so no real reads other than that they are typical 50NL players. This hand had a sick feeling about it while I was playing, even though I held the nuts. I thought for sure one was playing the same as I was and the other was on a flush or boat draw. What do you think? I can't understand why, unless they both had low diamond draws or T9 why anyone would call all the way down and not the river.

Advice? Comments? Funny jokes to brighten my day?

zaxx19
04-18-2005, 02:02 PM
Perhaps one guy(button?) had a huge draw(some combination of diamonds and a straight draw or pair...)and the other had 2 pair like QJ.

By the end 2 pair was convinced he was crushed and the draw missed??

2 pair, of course, still should off called but.......people dont always act rationally.

swolfe
04-18-2005, 02:05 PM
why check-raise the flop?

PinkSteel
04-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Pot the flop; don't risk a diamond draw seeing a free card.

Horse walks into a bar and the bartender says, "Why the long face?"

Delphin
04-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Nice hand.

Even if you have to split, I don't think there's any other way to play it. KdJd may come along for the straight and flush draw, and your callers may fill up if the board pairs, but you gotta keep making potish sized bets. I might be a little worried about freerolling KdTx, but I don't think you can slow down. Lots of scary cards can come and I know why you'd be getting that sick feeling in your stomach, but you did the right thing getting your money in.