PDA

View Full Version : Accused of cheating, does this happen alot?

btetreau
04-18-2005, 01:21 PM
Hi All,

Last night, I'm playing .10/.25 NLHE on UB, sitting on QQ in MP. I raise PF ~6xBB, got more than one caller (can't remember exact details, but that doesn't matter).

The flop comes Kxx and right then my internet went down - turns out one of the cats pulled a cable out of the wall. Anyway, I reconnect just as the hand is finishing up and UB had considered me all-in, and a KT won the hand.

I apologize to the table for timing out, and one guy's response is "right". I explain what happened, and he starts calling me a cheater over and over again! "You weren't the first one to think of that ya know" and stuff like that.... Someone else chimes in that it was indeed pretty shady.

I understand the situation and what they are saying, but I had never even thought of that before and so wanted to throw it out to you folks - do people pull that stunt often?

Also, do all other sites offer "all-in protections" or is that just a UB thing?

Thanks.

wegs the wegs
04-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Most times it's legit disconnects, like what you had happened. Sometimes people just get into a pot over there head and don't want to commit any more money and still have a chance to win. It happens once in a blue moon, but it does happen. If you were telling the truth then don't worry about the morons.

RED FACE
04-18-2005, 01:44 PM
Twice on Party same thing has happened and looked very suspicious so both times I email Party and get a response a while later saying they investigated players disconnect history and yes very suspicious and they have removed his all in protection.

Los Feliz Slim
04-18-2005, 01:48 PM
This just happened to me on Party $200 NL, my internet went down when another guy and I had gone to the river in a big pot (he had the nut flush, I had TPTK). He had just made a big bet on the river, which I was going to fold to, but the next thing I know I've been sat out and we all see his cards. It looked really bad and he and another guy freaked out.

It's wierd to be accused like that, isn't it? Ultimately, I guess it's a good lesson: don't accuse someone else of cheating unless you're absolutely sure because, as we know, these things DO happen legitimately.

ibstudly1
04-18-2005, 02:01 PM
how does this work? i see it all the time when i first enter a table? what does it mean? i lost about 10 dollars one time when i raised preflop and hit the boat on the flop. then my dial up when down. but i still lost my bet. how doea this benefit the bettor or who is over there head in the hand?

theblitz
04-18-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, do all other sites offer "all-in protections" or is that just a UB thing?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Most sites offer it.
However, Paradise have done away with - "due to overwhelming demand deom out players".
I have lost poacket Aces twice due to disconnects on Paradise.

Party (and affiliates) had non-protected rooms.

And, yes, it has happened to be - both sides of the case.
It is very embarrassing when you get cutoff like that and then win with a hand you would probably have folded.

btetreau
04-18-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's wierd to be accused like that, isn't it? Ultimately, I guess it's a good lesson: don't accuse someone else of cheating unless you're absolutely sure because, as we know, these things DO happen legitimately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great point, LFS! Sometimes it may be in an inopportune (sp?) time for you or for the other players, but I learned that it really can happen....

[ QUOTE ]
how does this work? i see it all the time when i first enter a table? what does it mean? i lost about 10 dollars one time when i raised preflop and hit the boat on the flop. then my dial up when down. but i still lost my bet. how doea this benefit the bettor or who is over there head in the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

What site were you playing at? What happens is if you get disconnected you get treated as if you were all-in at that point in time, i.e. you will go to showdown with what you've already got in the pot. I've now learned that some people do that to not have to call any more bets, which is why UB only provides two of those to a player at any time. Not sure how often they 'refresh'....

Thanks all for the responses! -BT

ibstudly1
04-18-2005, 02:53 PM
i was at doyle brunsons room. i could not log back on for about five minutes due to lock up and when i went back i was down about ten. i was PO to say the least. dial up suck

piratemike
04-18-2005, 07:24 PM
I think I might be the guy that tripped over the cord at your house.

Charlie
04-19-2005, 05:26 AM
I've seen it happen in the bigger games, in big pots. My friend had that happen to him in a $400 pot and the guy rivered him with 2nd pair. It is ridiculous.