PDA

View Full Version : Push this idiot's end?

Stack
04-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Guy to my left is 19/8/1.5, I did not have anything on my main opponent when the hand developed, others were typical loose passives who take their hands too far.

Do you push this on the turn against an unknown? I think that I played it right, but I'm not sure, so I'm seeking advice.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets

imported_CaseClosed326
04-18-2005, 01:21 PM
This line does not seem too bad. If he caps the turn I would just check call a river bet and hope for 2 pair. I don't know if that's weak but that's what I would do.

shark6
04-18-2005, 01:27 PM
Looks fine to me. You’re only behind AT. And until he caps a street, I wouldn’t even consider him having AT.

I’d expect to see 2-pair or pair+flush+straight draw a lot of the time.

Stack
04-18-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This line does not seem too bad. If he caps the turn I would just check call a river bet and hope for 2 pair. I don't know if that's weak but that's what I would do.

[/ QUOTE ]

He capped and I called down. Thanks.

Stack
04-18-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks fine to me. You’re only behind AT. And until he caps a street, I wouldn’t even consider him having AT.

I’d expect to see 2-pair or pair+flush+straight draw a lot of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my thoughts.
Sklansky money is comforting /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ErrantNight
04-18-2005, 02:16 PM
i'd lead the flop... you don't have a diamond and you wouldn't be excited about a 9, T, or A droppin'.

that said, i don't think going for the flop c/r was a bad play... just why i might play it differently here.

nice turn bet, if capped i'd slow up.

Stack
04-18-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'd lead the flop... you don't have a diamond and you wouldn't be excited about a 9, T, or A droppin'.

that said, i don't think going for the flop c/r was a bad play... just why i might play it differently here.

nice turn bet, if capped i'd slow up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the insight ErrantNight. Despite the many cards that I did not want to see, I thought (and still think) that a c/r is good here because of the two loose callers.

See, with the pfr (TA) just to my left, this flop would be raised most of the time and I could loose the two callers who would cover the times that the turn and river go wrong.

ErrantNight
04-18-2005, 02:46 PM
i think my point was that i'm in favor of this getting raised by the preflop raiser...

if i check/raise these loose callers might be correct to stick around with a hand that has outs against me (even accidentally)... they might be sticking around anyway... but i wouldn't mind folding hands with outs (rarely happening) and frequently they'll be cold-calling anyway and i can 3-bet or c/r the turn.

if i had, say, qj or qt on a kt9 or kj9 board i'd be more in favor of c/r'ing, likewise if the board was monotone or i had a diamond

in the end... i don't really think you can go wrong with a flop line where your plan is to invest more than one bet.

Stack
04-18-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but i wouldn't mind folding hands with outs (rarely happening) and frequently they'll be cold-calling anyway and i can 3-bet or c/r the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'm a little embarrassed to say that I did not think about the 3bet possibility after cold calls.

[ QUOTE ]
in the end... i don't really think you can go wrong with a flop line where your plan is to invest more than one bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Note taken. I appreciate your feedback.