PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

yaomama
04-18-2005, 12:46 PM

FishNChips
04-18-2005, 12:50 PM
Patrick Dempsey at the end of "Can't Buy Me Love".

"Remember when you fell out of the treehouse and Kenny carried you to the hospital. Man, we were all friends then."
and
"The nerds, the cools, man its all bullshit!"

its of course followed by the "chief antagonist guy starts clapping really loud followed by whole cafeteria clapping" scene, so its gets bonus points for that.

FishNChips

tdarko
04-18-2005, 12:51 PM
another vote here for independance day, that whole movie was corny.

jakethebake
04-18-2005, 12:52 PM
The finale of Revenge of the Nerds.

STFU, Nerd!

Redmen62
04-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Affleck in Boiler Room.

Bulldog
04-18-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Patrick Dempsey at the end of "Can't Buy Me Love".

"Remember when you fell out of the treehouse and Kenny carried you to the hospital. Man, we were all friends then."
and
"The nerds, the cools, man its all bullshit!"
FishNChips

[/ QUOTE ]

"You [censored] on my house. You [censored] on my house."

BWebb
04-18-2005, 01:57 PM
Two speeches from Jerry Maguire. The one where he gets fired (who's coming with me?) and the one when he goes to her house (you complete me.)

Wes ManTooth
04-18-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I vote for the one in Independence Day.

[/ QUOTE ]

JeffO
04-18-2005, 02:16 PM
It was at the end of Rocky 5. I think it was 5. The one where he fought the russian, and gave the old can't we just all get along and love each other speech.

BWebb
04-18-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was at the end of Rocky 5. I think it was 5. The one where he fought the russian, and gave the old can't we just all get along and love each other speech.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's Rocky IV. Rocky V is where he fights Tommy Morrison, pre-HIV.

JeffO
04-18-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's Rocky IV. Rocky V is where he fights Tommy Morrison, pre-HIV.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I stand corrected, it was Rocky lV. It still ruined the whole movie for me. Not that it was a classic to begin with, but that speech defined corney.

slickpoppa
04-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Yup, Independence Day sucked ass

pshreck
04-18-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, this speech single handedly ended the Cold War.

zaxx19
04-18-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Will Smith was in it....what did you expect?

Ben Affleck in Boiler Room .....

We have a definite winner...

jakethebake
04-18-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, this speech single handedly ended the Cold War.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change.

youtalkfunny
04-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Rocky IV is the easy winner, but since someone else already mentioned it, I'll go with Michael Douglas at the end of that president movie. You can't give a campaign speech in the White House press briefing room!

I also hated Bill's Superman speech in Kill Bill 2. His rough and ready character just didn't seem like a comic book fan to me. Now his DIRECTOR, on the other hand...

lucas9000
04-18-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Affleck in Boiler Room.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way this is THE corniest/worst.

pshreck
04-18-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Affleck in Boiler Room.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way this is THE corniest/worst.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know, considering I had a 12 inch cock already it was quite amusing. Plus my house is freaking sick.

VBM
04-18-2005, 03:44 PM
i was no big fan of Independence Day, but any Anakin quote from Attack of the Clones was infintesimally worse.

i love Star Wars and i've seen them all, but my heart just kept on sinking as i watched that movie.

ddollevoet
04-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Al Pacino's rant in the school room in "Scent of a Woman."

astroglide
04-18-2005, 04:14 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=infinitesimal&db=*

jakethebake
04-18-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=infinitesimal&db=*

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice! HaHaHa...What a moran! And what speeches did Anakin make in that movie anyway?

VBM
04-18-2005, 04:49 PM
bleh. nits...!

i dunno how many lines qualifies for speeches, but he has some wretched dialogue...

Anakin: Don't be afraid.
Padme: I'm not afraid to die. I've been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life.
Anakin: What are you talking about?
Padme: I love you.
Anakin: You love me? I thought we had decided not to fall in love. That we'd be forced to live a lie and that it would destroy our lives.
Padme: I think our lives are about to be destroyed anyway. I truly... deeply... love you and before we die I want you to know.

Padme: Ani? My goodness, you've grown.
Anakin: So have you, grown more beautiful... for a senator, I mean.
Padme: Ani, you'll always be that little boy I knew on Tatooine.

Anakin: You're going to pay for all the Jedi that you killed today, Dooku.
Obi-Wan: We'll take him together. You go in slowly on the left...
Anakin: No, I'm taking him NOW.
Obi-Wan: No Anakin, NO.

jakethebake
04-18-2005, 04:59 PM
Well these are clearly "conversations" (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=conversation) which are very different from speeches.

[ QUOTE ]
bleh. nits...!

i dunno how many lines qualifies for speeches, but he has some wretched dialogue...

Anakin: Don't be afraid.
Padme: I'm not afraid to die. I've been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life.
Anakin: What are you talking about?
Padme: I love you.
Anakin: You love me? I thought we had decided not to fall in love. That we'd be forced to live a lie and that it would destroy our lives.
Padme: I think our lives are about to be destroyed anyway. I truly... deeply... love you and before we die I want you to know.

Padme: Ani? My goodness, you've grown.
Anakin: So have you, grown more beautiful... for a senator, I mean.
Padme: Ani, you'll always be that little boy I knew on Tatooine.

Anakin: You're going to pay for all the Jedi that you killed today, Dooku.
Obi-Wan: We'll take him together. You go in slowly on the left...
Anakin: No, I'm taking him NOW.
Obi-Wan: No Anakin, NO.

[/ QUOTE ]

pshreck
04-18-2005, 05:00 PM
why do you so often put your post before the quoted part... i dont get the reasoning behind doing that.

jakethebake
04-18-2005, 05:03 PM
I dunno. It's partly habit and I don't know why i started it. Maybe I figure you can read what my response is without having to scroll to the bottom if you've already read the other post. I dunno. Someone bitched at me for doing it awhile back. And I stopped for awhile.

[ QUOTE ]
why do you so often put your post before the quoted part... i dont get the reasoning behind doing that.

[/ QUOTE ]

SinCityGuy
04-18-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, I stand corrected, it was Rocky lV.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no need for me to think about this any more. This one was the worst one I've ever seen.

Justin A
04-18-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Will Smith was in it....what did you expect?

[/ QUOTE ]

Will Smith has been in some pretty good movies, and he had nothing to do with the speech in question.

The Stranger
04-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Hey! Would you just stop it? Would you just hold on a minute? Look at you guys... fighting on the Malaka-Laka board! You should be ashamed of yourselves! Back in the driveway, we were nothing! Now we've risen to the highest level, but you're throwin' it all away! If you've forgotten what BASEketball means to America, you have only to look at this board - the Malaka-Laka Balance Board of Trust. Don't you see what we have here? A game where guys with bad backs and bad knees can... get together and compete on the same field as guys that are all goosed up on steroids. But more than anything, isn't this game about gettin' together with your friends and just havin' a good time? I remember. I remember a long time ago, I didn't have anybody. You guys took me in. I guess that's why it kills me to see you like this. If we can't be friends... then the heart and soul are out of this game. Certainly out of me. I know I'll never get that back again. We have sullied the waters of the Lagoon of Peace! I'm begging you, for the love of our Caribbean brothers, dudes, stop this madness!