PDA

View Full Version : Switching from Limit Ring Games to SNGs

jokerthief
04-18-2005, 10:54 AM
I'm trying to figure out what buy-in would match the hourly rate for someone making $50/hr playing 5/10 full ring at party. One caveat, I can 4 table 5/10 limit with out breaking a sweat but can't imagine being able to play more than two nl sng's at once. I'm getting sick of the grind and have had a lot of success playing tournaments in my spare time. I'm thinking of making the switch but since poker has recently become my sole source of income, I would like to get a reasonable idea of what one can shoot for as far an hourly rate before I proceed. A good limit player can expect to earn between 1.5-3 BB/100 plus rakeback. What is the standard for figuring out a decent earn for sng's? I'm sorry if this topic has been beaten to death but I can't find anything by searching.

Thanks

jokerthief

syphlix
04-18-2005, 11:52 AM
kinda depends a whole lot on how good you are and your ROI...

gumpzilla
04-18-2005, 11:56 AM
You're not going to match $50/hr without multitabling, I don't think: two-tabling the $215s with ~10% ROI- which would be possible, but probably not until you'd gotten your feet a little wetter in the SNG world - could do that for you, but that's about it, given your parameters. And I think you'll quickly find that SNGs are just a slightly different kind of grind.

Sustainable ROI varies from level to level. At the lowest levels, 30-40% ROIs are possible. As you inch up to 50, 15-20% seems to be the ceiling. Then figure it takes probably somewhere between 40 minutes and an hour per SNG (I'm guessing for Party here)

BradleyT
04-18-2005, 12:48 PM
If you can 4 table limit you should be able to 4 table SnGs. The only time it gets real bad is when you're HU at all 4-8 tables you have going but that's a problem I wouldn't mind having.

For your hourly rate, since you only 4 table, you'll need to play $50's-$100's.