PDA

View Full Version : TP + Flush draw and one simple question.

Akimka
04-18-2005, 09:26 AM
Can you see here reraise on turn for value?

SB is TA. 17.3/8.70
MP3 is fishyfish loose passive - 64/2.7/0.5
Button is maniac on tilt. VPIP 78, pfr 21, postflop 3. Lost about $70 on last three orbit (so tilt is suspected).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (15 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

ErrantNight
04-18-2005, 09:45 AM
it's close, but i'm not a huge fan. i doubt there's an 8 at play, but sometimes there will be, and frequently this is a better A, which you might actually have substantial outs against, but some of those might be a to a split pot... and you don't have the odds to 3-bet for value on your flush draw. that fact that you might be ahead here changes things against, but sb being a rational player (as far as you can tell) weighs just as much the other way. the turn check/raise is strong. so is your draw, but the field isn't that big anymore. take the overcalls from the fish and suck out on the river.

PotatoStew
04-18-2005, 09:53 AM
Based on the TA's checkraise, I'd say you're probably behind, and dependent mostly on your flush draw to win. With one card left to come, I'd think you'd want to smooth call instead of 3-betting the turn, to keep all the other players in. Mathematically, it doesn't seem like you have enough equity for a raise in that particular spot, but I could be wrong. If there were callers *between* you and the SB I might change my mind.