PDA

View Full Version : Anybody plays SNGs at Ultimatebet?

slimbob
04-18-2005, 02:21 AM
How are your experiences?
Are the SNGs softer compared to Party/empire?
It is possible to play the bonus/promotion with SNG?

Thanks
slimbob

tjh
04-18-2005, 02:50 AM
I love Ultimate Bet SNG's

Be warned that they are different than party.

1500 chips... party has 800.

Blinds go up every 7 minutes or so. This leads to a long game. 120 hands till the end. Party is short and fast.

If you like party SNG play the turbo on UB. Even then it will be slower than party.

I do well in this environment. You can wait and wait and wait for good hands, really good hands. Still have enough chips so when you double up you are in good shape. You can afford to bluff at a flop and if you are forced to retreat or lose 600 chips or so you are still able to recover.

I believe that your bonus clears based on Ultimate points and you get ultimate points for tourney play. Still the fastest way to clear a bonus is to play in a cash game.

I posted a topic that touches on this issue.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=213 4615&Forum=All_Forums&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25 &Main=2134615&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=30401 &daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=m&olderval=&olde rtype=&bodyprev=#Post2134615

Blarg
04-18-2005, 03:38 AM
OMG use the URL tags.

lutefisk
04-18-2005, 09:50 AM
I play UB for SNG more than Party, and stand by it. I like the slower speed. You get to do more post flop play, and you can be aggressive and still get away if you think you're behind from time to time without putting yourself in crisis situation. (Maybe this indicates that I'm missing something about the Party games...)

I think that the Party games are softer simply due to the higher population. I seem to see less variance at UB, although I'm still pretty new to the game. You have a LOT more time to wait for a good spot to make your moves on UB. Along with this, I like Party's format for 2TT's, and play those regularly as well. Slower blind structure, and enough fish to make them play much like a STT as long as nothing goes wrong within the first 40 mins or so. The $11 2TT seem incredibly soft on Party, and are currently my best game statistically.

Another argument I see a lot, is that speed is good for $/hr. No argument there, and if you can multi table well, that will probably swing the scales to Party again. Again, I think UB has less variance, and the big stack sizes even let you get away with a mistake from time to time.

"Only after the 10th punch will you see the fist, and only after the 20th will you block it." --Proverb from the game of Go

Baked67
04-18-2005, 10:03 AM
I tried Ultimate Bet a few months ago to test out their sit n go's and their tournaments would not clear my sign up bonus. Only ring games, (as of last Novemember anyway) clear bonuses... I promptly switched back to pokerroom after about 3 days on UB...

wbrumfiel
04-18-2005, 12:39 PM
This is correct, UB SnGs do NOT count towards the bonus dollars. You do get UltimatePoints for them though which you can use to enter tournaments or buy things. I usually use mine to enter the larger tournaments that I dont want to shell out cash for.

TruFloridaGator
04-18-2005, 12:56 PM
UB is good.
As far as the slow structure, I have played both & I like the big stacks a lot more, allows for you to noticably outplay your opponents postflop, although the party structure is a bit more profitable if you MT.
Both are good, I just suggest picking one gain experience & stay with it.

Full Tilt(which I play currently) will also be good when they get more players because you can clear your bonus through SNGs & get FT points in addition to that.
Both are a bit long to single(although that's what I am doing). I plan on switching to Pokerstars or UB once I begin the 11s & clear my T bonus and/or start MT.

burningyen
04-18-2005, 02:33 PM
Wrong on 2 counts: the levels are now 10 minutes and as someone has already pointed out you can't clear bonus dollars with SnG time.

TruFloridaGator
04-18-2005, 02:34 PM
10 minutes? Jeez how long does 1 sng average?

etgryphon
04-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Start to end, if you get 1st or 2nd, usually about 1hr 20min or so.

-Gryph

Dominic
04-18-2005, 02:41 PM
10 handed SNGs ay UB will last at least one hour if you make the money....the 6-handed SNGs can last anywhere from 40 minutes to 1 hour....

I play alomst exclusively on UB and love it.

wegs the wegs
04-18-2005, 02:47 PM
The SnG's on UB are the best on the internet for good players who like to 'grind'. Plenty of chips to start and a much slower blind structure than Party makes it require some skill to win other than the crapshoots at other sites. They do take much longer than other SnG's, yet it is much much much easier to win at UB IMO if you are a good player. And yes, it does not count to bonus dollars.