PDA

View Full Version : oh, the irony

gumpzilla
04-18-2005, 12:29 AM
I'm in a $10+1 at Stars. I have a pretty short stack, and pick ATs in relatively early position. Blinds are still small, I still have >20BBs, so this is unnecessary, but hey, I love to play poker. I raise, get called in a couple of places. Flop comes Q rag rag, two of my suit. I try a continuation bet, which gets called in one place and pushed by the other guy. At this point I've got 1320 in dead money in the pot - 300 from preflop, 540 associated with my bet getting called in two places and 480 from the raise - and need to call 480 or so, so I do, figuring my A might be a good out as well. The guy flips up AQ, but my flush gets there. He then goes into full on table captain mode, talking about my huge suckout, which I made the mistake of responding to (it's a weakness of mine, I concede). Then the following entertaining exchange takes place:

Opp said "lol... there are a couple of books you could try"
Opp said "you had no odds for your call"
gumpzilla said, "well, i look forward to your future strategy suggestions"
Opp said "try twoplustwo.com for the correct analysis of your hand there."

I salute you, my anonymous friend!

Slim Pickens
04-18-2005, 02:33 AM
fold preflop /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Apathy
04-18-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But they were soooted

Matt Walker
04-18-2005, 02:47 AM
Humerous Post. I usually turn player chat off so I don't have to deal with those guys.

Preflop - Fold

Flop - Hard to say without stack sizes but it most cases in a 10+1 I'd look to check if the flop was seen multiway. Player are loose passive you'll most likely get a free card. If a player in LP bets and the stack sizes seem right (which are missing from the post) I'd go ahead and tap and put him to a decision. However if you are going to bet, you should have looked at the stack sizes and realized that you were going to call this jokers all in if he pushed so you might as well just push yourself (unless the other guy has a big stack). Even once he does push I dont think its a clear call. Your not getting 3 to 1 and its your tourney on the line. If I ahve any reason to believe my ace isn't good or this guy has a set I'm mucking.

Slim Pickens
04-18-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But they were soooted

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh right, then push.

Blarg
04-18-2005, 03:40 AM
Pushing is always correct because it gives you time to jump up and get a beer.

Mr_J
04-18-2005, 04:07 AM
Should've just said 'if you're so good why do you only play the $11s' (this isn't a dig at anyone playing the $11s)

Patriarch
04-18-2005, 06:57 AM
It wasn't me but I can get like that. I'm a real [censored] at the table. It's something I need to work on.