PDA

View Full Version : TTTurn decision

jason_t
04-18-2005, 12:01 AM
I'm not a 2/4 pansy anymore, so I'm busy filling my PT database with new data and reads are limited here. UTG is 28/3/1 and MP1 is 25/10/2 but these are after forty hands.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: I am Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">I 3-bet</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">I bet</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, I call, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, I....

MoreWineII
04-18-2005, 12:05 AM
I'm betting, I don't want to give free cards at this point. I fold to a raise though, I think.

cold_cash
04-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Bet again.

From the pre-flop action I'm not giving MP1 credit for a bigger pair just yet, and I don't want overs or clubs seeing the next card for nothing. I doubt he would check-raise you twice with just overcards, especially with UTG in there. If he does I think you can pitch it.

If the river comes off a club or an overcard I'd check it through given the opportuninty; otherwise you might have an interesting river decision depending on how the turn action goes.

mr pink
04-18-2005, 12:09 AM
i think 3-betting has some merits to it as opposed to just calling.

mr pink
04-18-2005, 12:10 AM
i have to finish some school work but i'll have something by tomorrow morning.

you guys can get the ball rolling.

MoreWineII
04-18-2005, 12:11 AM
I dunno, I think I want to see a turn card before I go nuts. There are a lot of turn cards that could be downright ugly.

If you're thinking it might buy you a free turn card, then I could see the 3-bet having some merit.

jason_t
04-18-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think 3-betting has some merits to it as opposed to just calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wondered about that. However, if MP1 has two overs and a club draw, he is a favorite over me to win. What would the merits be in this case, then? It seems to me, without putting much thought into it, that waiting for the turn is better.

Luv2DriveTT
04-18-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm betting, I don't want to give free cards at this point. I fold to a raise though, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

A raise from who???

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

chief444
04-18-2005, 12:14 AM
I bet and I think that's my last bet going in this hand.

MoreWineII
04-18-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A raise from who???

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

a check-raise.

cold_cash
04-18-2005, 12:17 AM
I think if you're actually given the option to take a free card on the turn, you're winning and taking the free card would be a mistake.

MoreWineII
04-18-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think if you're actually given the option to take a free card on the turn, you're winning and taking the free card would be a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

What turns cards are you betting? All of them?

cold_cash
04-18-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What turns cards are you betting? All of them?

[/ QUOTE ]

When that second Jack comes off and everybody checks to me I'm thinking that I'm ahead; especially after being check-raised on the flop and then checked to on the turn.

I would probably bet any turn card that wasn't an Ace or King.

MoreWineII
04-18-2005, 12:27 AM
I dunno, I'm probably checking any ace, king, or club. MP1's flop action looks an awful lot like flush draw (assuming he just calls my flop 3-bet).

I dunno, tough hand. I keep rereading over and over and changing my mind heh.