PDA

View Full Version : 99 vs PFR

crownjules
04-17-2005, 11:14 PM
Villain was 27/9/3 over 25 hands.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

I figured I'm either ahead or Villain will C/R me and let me know that I'm not.

Turn: (5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

I *seriously* doubt Villain has a 5, but maybe an Ace? I figured this was a WA/WB sort of situation and that calling was better then raising.

River: (7 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Pretty easy value bet, right?

Final Pot: 9 BB

milesdyson
04-17-2005, 11:23 PM
3-bet preflop if you want to play here.

As you played it, I would probably fold the turn, and I definitely wouldn't bet the river. What do you want him to call you with? KQ? I don't think he's calling. JJ/QQ/KK is calling for sure after randomly betting the turn.

the_rookie
04-17-2005, 11:23 PM
I fold preflop.
The flop is an easy bet.

I'm lost on the turn as well. I'm leaning more towards raising the turn, since you bet the flop to see if you can drive out SB and UTG. If you run into aggresion then it's an easy fold. I just feel you might be able to take one away from UTG if say he has a middle pair or just aces with an aggresive play on the turn. And it'd cost you the same amount to call down anyways.

If either call the turn I'm checking behind on the river.

This is why reads are important and not just PT stats.

PokerProdigy
04-17-2005, 11:27 PM
I wouldn't like to cold-call a UTG raise preflop. But if you're pretty sure he's a LAG then I would say to raise for isolation, and call him down.

tmoore44
04-17-2005, 11:40 PM
I would tend to favor checking this river. If villain is holding a smaller pocket par, KQs, QJs, we've got him beat here. Then again there's also a posibility of TT-KK, or Axs where you're beat. If villian had check/called the whole hand, I definitely bet the river, but when he lead the turn my initial thought was Ax clubs.

aK13
04-17-2005, 11:48 PM
Preflop definitely looks like a raise or fold situation. If you raise, continue to play aggressive on this board.