PDA

View Full Version : not enough marginal hands

Sinnister
04-17-2005, 11:13 PM
whats up all, im startin to think im not playing enough marginal hands as i should be.

i was havin a tough day and took a break and just got back on when this hand came up

im on button with k /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and everyone folds to cutoff who calls i call sb calls bb checks

flop comes 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
sb checks bb checks cuttoff checks i bet
sb folds bb calls cutoff calls

turn brings a k /images/graemlins/spade.gif bb bets cuttoff calls i raise bb reraises etc blah blah blah
riv comes a 2 and it boils down to i won a huge pot with this hand that i ordinarily wouldnt even play. Does anyone think i got lucky and shoud stay away from hands like this or was this a legitimate hand to call with and if so can anyone tell me what other mariganls i can call with in situations like this

admiralfluff
04-17-2005, 11:21 PM
i dont consider K9o a marginal hand. it just plsin sucks. If cutoff is sooper weak (he has to be a little to open limp from the CO) and the blinds are tighties you could raise here sometimes. If you're not gona do that just fold.

Why would flopping mid-pair, turning 2 pair, and coming up against someone who slowplayed a lower 2 pair make you think you got lucky?