PDA

View Full Version : The Contender

SuitedSixes
04-17-2005, 11:11 PM
I thought this episode was going to be weak . . . I was wrong!

The performance that Joey put on is the kind of stuff the gets made up in movies. Wow!

Juan punked out. He admitted he was scared of getting beat and the injuries were his easiest way out.

The whole trip to Vegas was cool, and it was great that Sergio won the truck. Has anyone heard if you can buy tickets to the fight in Vegas? If you know how I can get some, please let me know.

Through the magic of DVR and some poor editing by NBC, I figured out who they voted back (I would have given Jonathan another chance) and who the two fights are:

<font color="white"> Ahmed is voted back in (WHAT!?)
Ahmed and Alfonso fight next week, so do Ishe and Sergio </font>

[censored]
04-17-2005, 11:42 PM
[censored], last I say right here in the OOT that Juan was one of my favorites and he goes and pulls this [censored], that is [censored] bullshit.

god what a pussy.

At least he didn't get to go to Vegas.

Popinjay
04-18-2005, 12:06 AM
ya can't believe <font color="white">Ahmed</font> is coming back. that should be interesting. looked like he was winning in his fight too /images/graemlins/frown.gif Alfonso is my favorite to win

Popinjay
04-18-2005, 12:08 AM
oh yea and what a comeback by Joey in the 5th

BWebb
04-18-2005, 12:10 AM
Didn't see this thread. Here are my thoughts:

Another awesome episode. Joey showed some heart and a lot more skill than what others thought he had. I have a feeling they will bring back Jimmy, mainly because of his "anything can happen" speech before he left. It also looks like Ishe and Anthony are going to fight next week. I hope Anthony kicks his ass. My picks to be the final two are: Sergio and Anthony. Who you got?

P.S. Juan is a pu$$y

BWebb
04-18-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ya can't believe <font color="white">Ahmed</font> is coming back. that should be interesting. looked like he was winning in his fight too /images/graemlins/frown.gif Alfonso is my favorite to win

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying its him because you know or is that who you think it will be?

[censored]
04-18-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It showed him in the preview.

BWebb
04-18-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It showed him in the preview.

[/ QUOTE ]

Missed that. I hated that A-hole.

[censored]
04-18-2005, 12:13 AM
I thought they should have brought back Tarik who apparently {rolls eyes} [censored] up Juan in the first place.

rusty JEDI
04-18-2005, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My picks to be the final two are: Sergio and Anthony. Who you got?

[/ QUOTE ]

Antonio and Jesse

rJ

SuitedSixes
04-18-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My picks to be the final two are: Sergio and Anthony. Who you got?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ishe and Jesse, although if I hadn't seen the previews my vote still would have been for <font color="white">Gomez vs Manfredo II

Why would they vote back in who they did? I don't think he even received one vote the 1st time.</font>

BellyBuster7
04-18-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Another awesome episode. Joey showed some heart and a lot more skill than what others thought he had.
P.S. Juan is a pu$$y

[/ QUOTE ]

It was an awesome episode, and Juan is indeed a massive vagina. I didn't see why everyone underrated Joey so much, sure he's young, but he's 8-0 and a Golden Gloves champ. Plus, he's bigger and more athletic than most of the other guys. The one-legged win was pretty impressive though.

SuitedSixes
04-18-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't see why everyone underrated Joey so much, sure he's young, but he's 8-0 and a Golden Gloves champ. Plus, he's bigger and more athletic than most of the other guys. The one-legged win was pretty impressive though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he even land a punch in the 3rd and 4th rounds? Will he heal enough before the next fight to be effective?

BellyBuster7
04-18-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Did he even land a punch in the 3rd and 4th rounds? Will he heal enough before the next fight to be effective?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it looked like he kind of quit for a couple rounds, but sucked it up in the end for the win. I can't believe Jimmy couldn't put him away when he was just standing still in the middle of the ring.

As for healing, he may be in trouble there. I wouldn't be surprised if that [censored] from MN picks him next, since he's looking for the easiest route possible.

SuitedSixes
04-18-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it looked like he kind of quit for a couple rounds, but sucked it up in the end for the win. I can't believe Jimmy couldn't put him away when he was just standing still in the middle of the ring.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could almost see the disappointment on Jimmy's face when he saw that Joey was hurt, like he knew he was in a no-win situation.

[ QUOTE ]

As for healing, he may be in trouble there. I wouldn't be surprised if that [censored] from MN picks him next, since he's looking for the easiest route possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wouldn't be a surprise at all. I wonder how the fights will be decided from here.

BWebb
04-18-2005, 01:32 PM
I think Ishe and Anthony are one of the fights next week. I'm also curious to see how the fights are set up from here on out.

SuitedSixes
04-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Info from BoxingLasVegas.com (http://www.boxinginlasvegas.com/)

TICKET INFO FOR THE FINALS

The finals of the Contender series will be May 24th at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
Tickets go on sale April 25th at 3pm at Caesars Palace and all Ticketmaster locations.

There will be two (2) separate shows on the same day.

The first show will be the fights between the fan favorites and those tickets will be $50.00. The arena will then be cleared out and the second show will be the Finals of the show with those tickets going for $100, $200 and $300.00