PDA

View Full Version : How do you play draws in the early going?

Taraz
04-17-2005, 11:04 PM
Normally I would call this bet, but I've been working on not throwing away chips early in tourneys. Is this too weak/tight? I have OE straight and flush draws, but the flush isn't to the nuts and that worried me, he could have the flush already. I don't know . . . teach me please!

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t610)
UTG+1 (t1105)
MP1 (t610)
MP2 (t1750)
CO (t485)
Button (t1710)
SB (t1035)
Hero (t695)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t30, UTG+1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t120) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t75</font>, UTG+1 folds, SB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t195

Nottom
04-18-2005, 12:15 AM
I'd probably call closing the action, but I think I like to splash around more than most.

Matt Walker
04-18-2005, 12:37 AM
I think it's very close, but I would most likely muck. This player is playing from UTG, and this flop would hit many hands that can be played from there. Even if he just has the Ace of diamonds your in bad shape. Plus its very scary drawing to draws that you aren't sure will be good if they hit. If your flush hits and he keeps betting what happens? You'd have to at least think he has a higher diamond. My point is that this hand figures to put you in a very awkard situation IF it improves (unless you spike the miracle 9 of d). This is a situation I'd like to avoid early in the tourney. Save your chips so you have something to throw all in with later.

strelok
04-18-2005, 02:44 AM
I think it's very very close, he's giving you 2.6:1 to improve with 15 outs, which is just borderline (considering he does not have a A or K high flush). Then again you don't want to get involved with a questionable, small pot, so early in the tournament. If my math is wrong, feel free to rub my face in it.

Degen
04-18-2005, 02:53 AM
check...if they bet....fold...if they don't bet and you hit your draw, then bet it.

Degen