PDA

View Full Version : just got poker tracker - too tight pre flop?

teamdonkey
04-17-2005, 10:43 PM
only 3.2k hands so far, all at 25NL
VPIP = 11.38%
PFR = 3.6%

post flop aggression is high (2.7) and BB/100 is at (probably unsustainable) 12.18, i'm more worried about those pre-flop numbers. They look a lot lower than what i've seen people mention and are on the waaay tight side of my tight pre-flop classification.

Anyone out there successful with preflop numbers like these?

jtr
04-17-2005, 11:50 PM
You will probably do just fine in the $25 game with numbers like these. People are amazingly unobservant and the players at the table will rotate often enough that your big hands will still get paid reasonably often.

Still, you're leaving some money on the table by being so tight and so easily put on a hand when you raise. But I'm guessing you know that.

My suggestion would be to develop greater confidence in your postflop play (stacks are deeper now so that's what matters even more so than before) and thus be able to play a 20/8 game or similar without any fear.

TrailofTears
04-18-2005, 12:29 AM
These stats look okay for the 25NL tables. I won't elaborate on that point too much more, as jtr has covered it. I will say that this tightness will go away as you get better at the game. By no means will you be a maniac, but as you get more comfortable with your post-flop play, you will be able to comfortably play a wider range of hands.

Also, if you are intending to loosen up, the best advice you can be given is to use your position. Especially until you are very skilled postflop, position will help you avoid a lot of the difficult decisions that come about.

Best of luck and well done so far. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Trail