PDA

View Full Version : first hand at a new table .. posted a BB

RockPile
04-17-2005, 09:54 PM
I just sat down at this table and posted. Action looked juicy so I went for it.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, Hero (poster) checks, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (19 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 24 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Kd Ad (one pair, kings).
UTG+1 has 2d 9d (high card, king).
Button has Jd As (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Button wins 24 BB. </font>

Entity
04-17-2005, 09:56 PM
Your preflop call sucks horribly. I would raise the turn. River play is fine.

RockPile
04-17-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your preflop call sucks horribly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the hand in itself sucks. It was a shot.

Entity
04-17-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the hand itself. Calling two bets here, even in a large pot, with an easily dominated offsuit broadway hand with no kicker is terrible poker.

KingOtter
04-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Gotta love button calling twice on the flop with 1 probably tainted over-card and a backdoor straight.

KO

ArturiusX
04-17-2005, 10:20 PM
If I was the CO with AK, and some poster who called 2 preflop with something that sucked out a two pair against me ended up winning I'd be mad.

No way I'd call this river.

RockPile
04-17-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the hand itself. Calling two bets here, even in a large pot, with an easily dominated offsuit broadway hand with no kicker is terrible poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've got to get my VP$IP up some how, y'all keep telling me 18% is too tight!

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GrunchCan
04-17-2005, 10:24 PM
What were you thinking calling the 2 bets PF? Serious question.

Redd
04-17-2005, 10:31 PM
Grunching.

First, I absolutely hate the preflop CC.

Flop is good.

On the turn, I'm thinking kings, or he's getting frisky with aces/TPTK and I'd raise for value and call a 3-bet.

Nice river fold.

milesdyson
04-17-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And now, on our left, Leak Central. A fabulous city full of wild adventures, where any two can enjoy luxurious riches.

RockPile
04-17-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I would have never done it. But in my defence... it wasn't a COLD call. There were 2 infront of me doing that. Would I ever play this hand the same again? Definately not. I usually would always fold this.. this was the exception.. I thought it would be fun to share since I hit the 2 pair.. came so close. But it didnt hold up (as it shouldnt have).

Goodnews
04-17-2005, 10:48 PM
despite the size of the pot, i would still fold preflop, when it gets to you its its about a 7:1 call into a big pot with your only draws being two pair, trips etc. I don't think you have 7:1 here...

flop is play is fine, im pretty sure that even if you called, the pot would be capped.

turn: call is fine, i would have liked to raise to try and push button out

river: fold UI

GrunchCan
04-17-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I would have never done it. But in my defence... it wasn't a COLD call. There were 2 infront of me doing that. Would I ever play this hand the same again? Definately not. I usually would always fold this.. this was the exception.. I thought it would be fun to share since I hit the 2 pair.. came so close. But it didnt hold up (as it shouldnt have).

[/ QUOTE ]

But why did you call?

I'm harping on this becasue I smell a pretty big problem. It might be nothing, just a fluke thing. But it could be big.

Entity
04-17-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it wasn't a COLD call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. It was freezing.

Even if you're not the first to coldcall, calling multiple bets is still coldcalling. Doing so with K5o is bad. Badbadbadbadbad.

RockPile
04-17-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

But why did you call?

[/ QUOTE ]

It looked like my odds were pretty much the same as if i was drawing to a gutshot.. I had posted a BB, I knew there would be a ton of callers and so I took a long shot. I knew it was a gamble and I was fine with that. It was all for fun. Normally I would never call this. I was surprised to hit the 2 pair on the flop and played what I though was close to properly after.. just a hand of fun thats all. Dont be too worried.

The table average VPIP was at about 50% and I left up 25BB anyways so it turned out okay in the end.

But never again.. i promise!