PDA

View Full Version : Facing 2 all ins.

Schizo
04-17-2005, 09:52 PM
$20 buy-in home game.

It's a T1000 tourney and it's 9 handed.

Blinds are currently 20/40 and I'm UTG.

I have JJ and raise to 100. A small stack ~600 pushes and a big stack ~2000 reraises all in. I am about 1200. I know the big stack and he views me as a rock. It's obvious he doesn't want me to call. I put the small stack on any pocket pair (most likely a low one), or broadway cards. The big stack probably has AA-99, AK, AQs, AQ, AJs, and KQs.

I folded my JJ here, but what are the hands I should call with here?

Shilly
04-17-2005, 10:11 PM
I would fold here also, barring some strange payout structure or something like that.

If the big stack views you as a rock, he must respect your UTG raise, no? Why is it so obvious that he doesn't want a call?

Schizo
04-17-2005, 10:15 PM
I have a strong read on him. If he wanted me to call he wouldn't of reraised. The second all in does not like playing against me in general.

strelok
04-17-2005, 10:21 PM
This is a tough one. Small stack is not desperate to double up with the BB at 40 and the big stack either has a monster and trying to get more money in the pot or he's trying to isolate with a coinflip AK, AQ and doesn't want you to call. Hmm ... just re-read the post and this is a home game. I would probably fold this online, hmmmm, but we play home games for fun right? right? So push /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Schizo
04-17-2005, 10:24 PM
It was a home game, but everyone takes these tourneys very seriously and nobody wants music on, TV on, etc. The cash games are played while drinking heavily, but our tourneys are serious. $20 is a lot to many of these college students.

strelok
04-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Well it all depends how seriously do YOU take it /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Thinking about this again...what kind of player is the small stack? And if the big stack sees you as a rock, I think you could be up against AA. So what happend anyway?

Schizo
04-18-2005, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thinking about this again...what kind of player is the small stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

I provided my read of the small stack in the OP. He isn't a super fish, but he is looser then he should be. See OP for possible handrange on this player. I still think that is a very accurate read.

I will tell what happened in a bit. I'm still waiting to see if anyone will answere this question:

but what are the hands I should call with here?

Mammux
04-18-2005, 07:27 AM
I have been in almost exactly the same situation. Both opponents had AK and I would have won the hand.

-Magnus

lutefisk
04-18-2005, 07:49 AM
I'd only take this spot with KK or AA. I'd hate to fold AK or QQ, but I would. Maybe that makes me crazy, but I would. This is very early blind wise, and it sounds like you are confident in being a better player. This means that there's no need to risk a coinflip at this point in the game. When you add to the mix the chance that one of them actually does have a monster, I don't want to be in this at all. That all in by the small stack freaks me out, he's still got plenty of breathing room.

my $0.02

Poisson7
04-18-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know the big stack and he views me as a rock. It's obvious he doesn't want me to call.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The big stack probably has AA-99, AK, AQs, AQ, AJs, and KQs.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you know the big stack doesn't want you to call, how can you put him on AA or KK? Since you only need to beat the big stack, and given your read, I'd definitely call with QQ. Probably with JJ as well, although it's a tough decision and I'd probably base it on something like what color shirt he was wearing, or if I was having a good hair day.

Schizo
04-18-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you know the big stack doesn't want you to call, how can you put him on AA or KK?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't, I might mark those off the list. I decided to include them in the list, but I think the odds of him playing AA or KK that way are very small. I would think he would call with those hands.

adanthar
04-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Given that range, AA-QQ and probably AKs, maybe AK.

I dunno, Pokerstove can calculate it better than I can but that's my feeling.

Schizo
04-18-2005, 06:59 PM
+EV situations aren't always the best in games of survival.

adanthar
04-18-2005, 07:06 PM
Yes they are.

edit: Sometimes, they're not. If you don't know exactly when that is, yes, they are.

prepotency
04-18-2005, 07:09 PM
It's already been all spelled out IMO - you are a better player than these kids and you have good reads on them - fold your JJ and wait to out play them later - there's no excuse to risk your stack this early in the tournament at all - I also like this fold because it's free intel considering they're already showed down - also, for some reason I don't see a semi-fish (the small stack) pushing all in with blinds this low unless he has a monster - it seems like one of those newbie moments where he sees AA or KK and shits his pants: he probably knocked his stack over when he pushed it in the middle. I'm thinking at worst you're coin flipping with the small stack and maybe even coin flipping with the big stack which is even more dangerous. Safe fold for me.