PDA

View Full Version : Found Ipod - need cords

wacki
04-17-2005, 09:36 PM
Ok, my buddy found an ipod and tried to find it's rightful owner. He checked the papers, asked around, etc. Nobody ended up claiming it. He already has an Ipod so he gave it to me. Now I need cords/headphones/accessories.

Any recommendations?

ttleistdci
04-17-2005, 09:42 PM
ebay

mantasm
04-17-2005, 09:46 PM
oh, um, i think that's mine. i lost it, like, right around where you are. thanks for finding it for me.

wacki
04-17-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ebay

[/ QUOTE ]

Cradle or cord?

Mac brand name or aftermarket?

There is a lot more to this than just ebay.

Newegg has 5 pages of crap.

mmbt0ne
04-17-2005, 10:36 PM
Get the standard Mac docking station. It should come with a USB 2.0 cord and a firewire cord. You can get them from the apple website, which is probably best so that you can make sure to get the one that fits whatever iPod version you have (click wheel or old style). I don't think that comes with a portable charger, which you'll probably want to buy as well. I'd also recommend a case of some kind, even though I rarely use mine anymore. For that, just find whichever one is the cheapest.

If you're a hardcore audiophile and like earbuds get something like the Shure E2c headphones, or Sharp MD-33s if you're on a tighter budget. Otherwise, just get whatever headphone you like the most.

lighterjobs
04-18-2005, 01:45 AM
to to ebay and get a usb cord/battery adapter. that's pretty much all you need and you can get them pretty cheap on there.

mikeyvegas
04-18-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, my buddy found an ipod and tried to find it's rightful owner. He checked the papers, asked around, etc. Nobody ended up claiming it. He already has an Ipod so he gave it to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you stole an Ipod Huh? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

As others have said just get the standard stuff off of ebay. you may have to update the software on the ipod which you'll find on apples web site.

wacki
04-18-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So you stole an Ipod Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering how long it would take....

The sad thing is, is that the back of the Ipod has an engraving in it. It was obviously a gift from a family member. They just forgot to include his name on the back.

mmbt0ne
04-18-2005, 02:50 AM
If you feel guilty, you can probably contact Apple with the serial number to find out the guy's e-mail address, or some sort of contact information.

wacki
04-18-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you feel guilty, you can probably contact Apple with the serial number to find out the guy's e-mail address, or some sort of contact information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn you. Now I have to do this. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Why did I even bother posting? /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Dead
04-18-2005, 03:14 AM
You don't have to legally, but morally you do. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

mmbt0ne
04-18-2005, 03:26 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn you. Now I have to do this. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Why did I even bother posting? /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. Until you said it was engraved I thought it might be mine, and then you could've kept it since I have a new one. Having gone through it once though, I know how much it sucks to lose an iPod.