PDA

View Full Version : SS2 No limit section aplicable at low limits?

Mr Mojo Risin
04-17-2005, 09:31 PM
I have recently started playing poker, and i started off on limit. But i decided to switch to no limit (please don't turn this into a disscution on which is better/cooler/sweeter/sexier/eaiser/amazinger). I have SS2, and would like to know if the no limit section is applicable to low limits like $25 and $50 buy in. Or is it only applicable to the limits that Mr. Brunson plays? I'm going to assume he plays slightly higher than a $25 buy in.

SNOWBALL138
04-18-2005, 01:25 AM
You want to semibluff liberally against tight players, no matter the limit. So, yeah, it can be very applicable.

If you're playing against players who call too much, try to win one big hand against them, viz., show them the nuts for all their money.

Doing a lot of limping in the low buy in games can be great. Even suited semi connectors go up in value when opponents play bad after the flop.

Rudbaeck
04-18-2005, 04:56 AM
I find it fairly applicable.

At these limits I doubt it's much more lucrative than nut-peddling, but it sure is more fun.

betgo
04-18-2005, 09:23 AM
The discussion of how to play various hands and flops is applicable. The loose aggressive approach he advocates works best against good tight-aggressive players and is much more difficult to use at lower blinds and shallower money. The principles are still apllicable, but I wouldn't follow it to the letter.

Mr Mojo Risin
04-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Thank you. So the general consenous is that it is mostly applicable for the low limits, the loser style will help a lot when the flop is rags, and that semi bluffing and bluffing should be used less often because you are likely to get called. Agreed? So it should be a good read, but i shouldn't follow the advice 100%? Thanks guys.

Jinx230
04-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Doyle's general advice on NL is really the best part in the book. Basically, he says in many ways that its a game of making moves and making other people decisions - putting the pressure back on others.

Depending on the player you face, you can do very tricky, deceptive things. With a more novice player who wont see any of these tricks as tricks, do the obvious easy thing to optimize your winnings. His attitude towards NL Hold'Em is excellent - that's the best thing to pickup from the book. As for the NL advice - it's all pretty applicable I believe.

Luv2DriveTT
04-23-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Doyle's general advice on NL is really the best part in the book.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so wrong it's not even worth explaining why. Read the many threads here about SS1, SS2, and Doyle's NL section. Figure it out for yourself.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif