PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone lost lugguage before?

tbach24
04-17-2005, 09:27 PM
WOW. Such an atrocious day.

First I nearly miss my bus because I fell asleep on the T. I get to South Station (at 6:15 for a 6:15 bus) and get my ticket, and for some reason because I'm traveling past Portland, they let me go ahead of 20 other people in line into a nearly packed bus. I tell him I'm going to Wiscasset and the other guy who got to skip ahead says Bowdoin. As he's about to toss my stuff in, he says "you're Bowdoin, right?" I clearly say "No, Wiscasset." He then acknowledges this and tosses it in. Then, 3 hours and 5 stops later, my luggage is gone. I talked to a manager on the phone and he was all non-chalant about it and told me to call in the morning. He also said he checked (did not specify his location) and there was nothing. He told me that it may be there in the morning and if it is I will get it, however did not specify as to whether or not they will replace my stuff. I had 5 shirts, 5 pairs of shorts, 6 pairs of boxers, 8 pairs of socks, a Patriots hat, and a pair of sandels. Altogether I'd put the price of my stuff at the $200 range. What measures do I take if my stuff is gone? The bus was called Concord Trailways and it left from South Station in Boston to some store in Wiscasset. It made stops in Portland, Bowdoin, Bath, and one other town. I'm really upset and I know a lot of this info is unnecessary, but it's pissing me off. Thanks for any help.

tbach24
04-17-2005, 09:45 PM
bump...anyone?

InchoateHand
04-17-2005, 09:46 PM
Yes.

JGalt
04-17-2005, 09:50 PM
Yes, more times then I care to remember. It has always been on airlines and I have always gotten my luggage back. Since this was on a bus, I would refer to their website and see what their policy is on this. I would assume it would vary greatly to those of the airline industry, so any advice would be useless.

PoBoy321
04-17-2005, 09:54 PM
What is their luggage pick up system? Whenever I've taken the Greyhound between DC and NY, they always load it up and then when you reach your destination, they just kinda line up all the bags outside the bus and you just take whatever's yours. Is it possible that someone mistakenly took your bag at the right stop?

tbach24
04-17-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is their luggage pick up system? Whenever I've taken the Greyhound between DC and NY, they always load it up and then when you reach your destination, they just kinda line up all the bags outside the bus and you just take whatever's yours. Is it possible that someone mistakenly took your bag at the right stop?

[/ QUOTE ]

They have different compartments for each stop. I think what happened was that the guy who was loading on still didn't understand me even though I clearly told him my destination and put my stuff in the wrong compartment. They take out things and line them up at the proper destination usually. This is like my 8th time riding the bus.

tbach24
04-17-2005, 10:30 PM
My dad just called up and I guess some dude took it by accident and returned it. Thanks for the advice though. I checked out the site and it was helpful.

BWebb
04-17-2005, 10:34 PM
I had something even better happen. I used my old soccer bag as my suitcase for a trip. I'm standing at Sky Harbor Airport (Phoenix) baggage claim waiting for it. When it comes over on the conveyer belt, it looks like it has been through a slicer. I have no idea what happened, but something ripped through my bag and pretty much all of the clothes I had in it. It was awesome picking it up off of the belt and my boxers are all over the place and ripped apart. Ended up fine, they sent me a check for what I reported the value of the articles were and gave me a new bag.

Met Knup
04-18-2005, 02:59 PM
I had something even better happen. I got the wrong bag once and it was full of drug money. So I just kept it.