PDA

View Full Version : Dean Says Democrats Will Make Schiavo Case an Election Issue

Voltron87
04-17-2005, 09:12 PM
""We're going to use Terri Schiavo later on," Dean said of the brain-damaged Floridian who died last month after her feeding tube was removed amid a swarm of political controversy."

Howard Dean why are you saying the things you say (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-dean16apr16.story). For the love of God, phrase it differently.

Dynasty
04-17-2005, 09:18 PM
It's a poor strategic move.

The Schiavo case has good potential to motivate the Republican base. But, I don't think the Democratic base cares much about it now. They certainly won't in 2006 and 2008.

[censored]
04-17-2005, 09:20 PM
I think the Republicans are eager to use Howard Dean as an election issue.

As for the Schiavo case, the Republicans entered into the case so it seems like a perfectly fair issue to use.

My own opinion is it will not be a major factor.

Dead
04-17-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The Schiavo case has good potential to motivate the Republican base. But, I don't think the Democratic base cares much about it now. They certainly won't in 2006 and 2008.

[/ QUOTE ]

All us Democrats will be too high on weed to care. I'll be amazed if I can get myself out of bed to vote in Nov 2006 and Nov 2008.

MtSmalls
04-18-2005, 07:36 PM
I think it will be part of an overall issue for the Dems to use with not only their base, but the libertarian and 'true conservative' portion of the Repub's base.

I think you will see the Dems use this as part of a long line of instances of the Religious Right dominating the Repubs. and moving the country in a direction most of us do not want to go.

Remember the polls before she finally died showed 70-80% of the country did NOT approve of the Legislative branch horning in on a private issue.

jack spade23
04-18-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

All us Democrats will be too high on weed to care. I'll be amazed if I can get myself out of bed to vote in Nov 2006 and Nov 2008.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

$DEADSEXE$
04-19-2005, 12:55 AM
Why the hell is Dean running the DNC...man the Democratic party is screwed. I say 2016 before a dem is elected pres.

andyfox
04-19-2005, 01:06 AM
Do you think the chairman of the DNC makes a difference? I think it's the candidate that is the only thing that really matters. If, for example, Hillary gets the nomination, she may run to the right of the Republicans on the deficit and on illegal immigration. Newt Gingrich thinks she'll be a very tough candidate for the Republicans to beat if she does that.

Zeno
04-19-2005, 01:27 AM
I feel like moving to Asia. In fact, it is a long-term goal of mine.

-Zeno

Dead
04-19-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think the chairman of the DNC makes a difference? I think it's the candidate that is the only thing that really matters. If, for example, Hillary gets the nomination, she may run to the right of the Republicans on the deficit and on illegal immigration. Newt Gingrich thinks she'll be a very tough candidate for the Republicans to beat if she does that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will never vote for that witch.