PDA

View Full Version : TT

PokerBob
04-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Flop: (7 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero?????</font>

J.R.
04-17-2005, 08:48 PM
check-calls, maybe check-folds if read is goot

Jeff W
04-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Boo to check-folding without a superior read. The flop had a flush draw.

sthief09
04-17-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
check-calls, maybe check-folds if read is goot

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been check-calling the turn in spots like this, figuring if he has any draw he'll bet for me anyway, and I don't have to pay off a raise. how bad?

BottlesOf
04-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Why do you have to pay off a raise?

sthief09
04-17-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you have to pay off a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

because I really really really hate folding. my logic is that if I check, a worse hand will bet probably 80-90% of the time if he's not especially passive. if I check the river, it goes check-check sometimes. but sometimes he'll bluff the river again. if I bet the turn then I should fold to a raise, but if I don't get raise, I'm checking the river anyway. maybe he'll bluff slightly more than if he already bluffed on the turn, but still you don't have to worry about getting popped on the turn.

apparently the A high board is scary. someone with T2s open raised today and I 3-bet with AK. he check raised me on an A high flop with no T or 2 or flush draw for him. that's why I don't like folding to these people unless the pot is protected

BottlesOf
04-17-2005, 09:50 PM
I'm not sure I follow the last two sentences in your first pragraph. But I disagree with a copule things.

I don't think a worse hand bets the turn when checked to as often as you indicated. I think a raise on the turn means you're drawing to 2 outs more than you seem to. I don't consider your T2/AK example to be the norm--I usually know when I'm playing one of those opponents because it's usually the reason I sat down. In sum, I don't hate folding at all. I think it's rare that someone bluff raises or semi bluff raises that turn, who I don't already have a read on.

sthief09
04-17-2005, 10:25 PM
KdQd, KdTd are two hands that could raise. my only point is that checking lets you occasionally (maybe as much as 10 or 20%) fold the best hand

zephed56
04-18-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
KdQd, KdTd are two hands that could raise. my only point is that checking lets you occasionally (maybe as much as 10 or 20%) fold the best hand

[/ QUOTE ]
We hold this card.