PDA

View Full Version : 33, whaddaya think of this?

BottlesOf
04-17-2005, 03:38 PM
villain is unknown

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Roy6
04-17-2005, 03:51 PM
I check/call the river. Do you muck this on the flop is SB calls?

J.R.
04-17-2005, 04:00 PM
it sucks when he takes the free card on the turn, why not check-raise the flop...unless you have some certainty (u didn't) he will bet the turn with most big aces...in which case I check-raise the turn

but the river bet is good having gotten there

spamuell
04-17-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I check/call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be pretty bad as we can easily fold to a river raise and betting will often make A-high hands which would have checked through pay off.

I'll frequently check-raise the flop and lead the turn in situations like this but I'm not sure about that. It does stop your opponent taking a free card but you get more this way if they choose not to. JBB, would you check-fold a K or any other card on the turn?

Also, I think that if you're going to check-call, check-call, bet, it makes more sense to check-call, check-raise because you're sometimes going to get MP to fold 6-outer hands on the turn like K9 or A7. Although if he calls the turn check-raise, I guess you have to follow through on the river and then wonder if you massively overplayed it when he shows QJ or something. I doubt you could check-fold the river against an unknown.

Jeff W
04-17-2005, 04:10 PM
I much prefer to check-raise the flop. That is a great flop for 33 and by taking the lead you will have an easier time showing down your hand.

The turn card improves your hand significantly--both because it gives you a draw and it is very unlikely to hit your opponent. If I had not check-raised the flop, I would check-raised the turn. He will often fold hands with live outs like KT and A9. If he reraises, then you are toast.

Given your line, I like your river bet because he may call ace high here whereas he would have checked behind if you checked. If he raises, then you have an easy fold.

Lmn55d
04-17-2005, 06:05 PM
How horrible is betting the flop here, hoping PFR raises to knock out sb. Or is the logic that he might not raise and sb might stay in putting you in a difficult turn situation, plus you will often be behind if PFR raises.

Somekid
04-17-2005, 06:18 PM
if we C/R the flop do we lead the turn?

BottlesOf
04-17-2005, 06:25 PM
Not sure why I didn't c/r the flop, that's my usual line, I think I was just varying my play/experimenting. Part of the reason I may not have done a c/r is usually I like to have a little more hand/a little less vulnerable of a hand--but this might not make any sense.

Anyway, he had AK and MHIG

J.R.
04-17-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How horrible is betting the flop here, hoping PFR raises to knock out sb.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not really the M.O. of many 5-10 pfrs