PDA

View Full Version : getting villain's stack

jba
04-17-2005, 02:51 PM
this is a 1/2 no limit 200 max buy-in home game. villain is very loose and fishy, will often get aggressive and is known to make a move, generally a bad player. He also seems like the kind of player that only notices his own hand, I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about. Anyways I'm usually not afraid of him picking up any accurate information off of my betting patterns -- he just doesn't seem to care what his opponent has, it's all about him making a hand. He's been known to chase an ace to the river with Axs. He has about $260 behind, I have about $500.

pick up queens in middle position after two limpers, make it 12 to go, villain calls from a blind, everyone else folds.

flop is Q94 rainbow. villain bets $25, I call.

turn is Q. villain bets $60, leaving him around $160.

hero??

just2ska
04-17-2005, 02:56 PM
Call!!!! Just call... he sounds like he's trying to make one of his moves on you by pretending to have trips queens... since you have position on him here i think calling is a great move. He has to act before you again on the river so there's no sense in scaring him away on the turn when you have quads. If he checks to you on the river make a value bet... maybe 35-40 percent of the pot?

just2ska!

TrailofTears
04-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Definitely a call. If you call here, the pot will be about 195 on the river, so either raise him all in or bet him all-in, as it is just about perfect for the pot size.

As the other poster said, there is no reason to push him out here, except him seeing a scare card on the river. Either way, just call and see how it plays out.

-Trail

jba
04-17-2005, 03:58 PM
this is totally what I thought, and I did in fact call.

I'm second guessing now. The problem is villain is almost certainly drawing as there's not many made hands he could have here.

The only problem with calling the turn and pushing on the river is that he's probably going to miss his draw.

If I push now maybe he calls?

TrailofTears
04-17-2005, 04:02 PM
What draw are you putting villain on, and how bad is this guy?

Anyone that will call on the turn with a draw on a paired board should just show up, write you a check, grab a beer, and railbird all night.

-Trail

jba
04-17-2005, 04:15 PM
when I say "draw", I mean he's probably looking for an ace. he's very bad. after I called the turn, he bet $100 of his remaining $160. I of course went all-in and he took about three minutes to muck AK. He was very, very close to calling.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone that will call on the turn with a draw on a paired board should just show up, write you a check, grab a beer, and railbird all night.

[/ QUOTE ]

sure, but it's more fun to play poker.

TrailofTears
04-17-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem is villain is almost certainly drawing as there's not many made hands he could have here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I didn't address this earlier. I still think you are more likely to blow a player off of his draw. If he hits here, you stack off. If he missed, you have position and can play from there and get as much as you can. Who knows, he might have a boat and is trying to get as much money from you as he can!