PDA

View Full Version : AJs flop action

PokerBob
04-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, Hero ??????

mannika
04-17-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this one is pretty read-dependant. You've got a couple of fairly good draws which would lean me towards taking a free card here, but at the same time, the board probably looks just as scary to your opponents (if they do not hold kings or tens), indicating that you may be able to take down the pot either on the flop or on the turn with a bet.

Assuming typical mix of low limit players, I like betting the flop here and folding to a c/r. If you get a few callers, re-evaluate on the turn (bet if you think you can pick up the pot, otherwise check for a free card).

jason_t
04-17-2005, 02:56 PM
Folding to a check/reise on the flop would be bad. Hero has outs to the nut straight and a backdoor flsuh draw. Granted that some of the outs are tainted, the pot is getting large.

mannika
04-17-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Folding to a check/reise on the flop would be bad. Hero has outs to the nut straight and a backdoor flsuh draw. Granted that some of the outs are tainted, the pot is getting large.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was trying to do the math while writing my post. I don't think it's necessarily a good fold, but not a terrible one. You get about 10:1, so you effectively need about 4 outs to call. I don't think you can really count your overcard as an out if you get c/r on the turn (from a decent player), your gutshot is probably worth 3 or so, and your nut flush is probably only worth 1. So it's probably a very close call/fold, but definitely not a clear fold (sorry if it seemed that way in my post). I think the decision to call/fold is going to be player dependant.

Perseus
04-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Bet and call if you are checkraised

einbert
04-17-2005, 03:20 PM
How passive/aggressive has the game been playing?

In a passive game it's an easy bet.
In an aggressive game it's an easy check.

Evan
04-17-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

boring.

PokerBob
04-17-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The board indeed is scary for everyone else, but my hand is weak and I doubt I can fold out the field. A c/r would make me puke. I am getting reverse implied odds. I checked. The 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif hit. someone bet. I folded. Bad? Good? Meh?

mannika
04-17-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The board indeed is scary for everyone else, but my hand is weak and I doubt I can fold out the field. A c/r would make me puke. I am getting reverse implied odds. I checked. The 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif hit. someone bet. I folded. Bad? Good? Meh?

[/ QUOTE ]

After checking the turn, you can only really call if you pick up a 4-flush or if you hit your gutshot, a fold here is correct. Sure, the bet may be from a player who is just sensing weakness, but without betting the flop, you have no way of knowing.

Perseus
04-17-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

lame

MoreWineII
04-17-2005, 06:00 PM
My line would be bet, call a raise, fold turn UI. If I bet and there are some callers, I check behind on the turn (assuming I don't improve).

DOMIT
04-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Exactly what I would have done.. you have position, you were the raiser.. if there was going to be a check-raise, it would have happened via your bet. I say "thank you" for the free card and fold to the turn bet UI as you did .. IMHO.

Piiop
04-17-2005, 06:49 PM
Check.