04-17-2005, 01:35 PM
Which one puts the others to shame???

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
04-17-2005, 02:27 PM
There is no shame.

bd8802
04-17-2005, 02:35 PM
I am unsure why anyone would pick PS2 over an Xbox. It is an inferior gaming complex. The only thing that would give it an upper hand is it has been around longer and has more games. But if a game would come out on both systems, it would be silly not to get the XBox version.

CallMeIshmael
04-17-2005, 02:38 PM
For those who are willing to liberally manipulate the law, its the Xbox, and its not really even close.

For those who arent, I would lean to the PS2, but its close.

Skipbidder
04-17-2005, 02:39 PM
Atari 2600.
I haven't had a game system in a while.

trying2learn
04-17-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For those who are willing to liberally manipulate the law, its the Xbox, and its not really even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious as to what this means...if you can say on a public forum.

scotty34
04-17-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

getting hundreds of cracked versions of games for free

CallMeIshmael
04-17-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think what I've done is actually, illegal, per se, so I'm cool with it...

I installed a mod chip into my xbox. I then replaced the 10gb harddrive with a 120 gb hard drive.

You can download home brew software from the net, that allows:

- web surfing (ive never done this, as my comp/xbox are in the same room, and thus it makes no sense)

- emulation of many many systems (n64, nes, snes, ps1, genesis...)

- playing movies (from dvd or from your computer)

- playing mp3s

- you can also rip xbox games to your HDD, and play them faster (ie. no load times... but I only do this for games I own)

The nature of the xbox is far more like a PC than is the PS2. This flexibility makes the debate moot, IMO, as the xbox is clearly better.

ttleistdci
04-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Who picked Game Cube? Seriously.

ThaSaltCracka
04-17-2005, 03:55 PM
The XBox is the best, and when you base it solely on techical abilities, the Game Cube is better than the PS2. But PS2 has the best overall games, but I still think the XBox is best right now.

scotty34
04-17-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The XBox is the best, and when you base it solely on techical abilities, the Game Cube is better than the PS2. But PS2 has the best overall games, but I still think the XBox is best right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to love N64 games, and had a strong preference for it over PS. Gamecube seems to be targeting a much younger audience than N64 did, and PS2 is definetly aimed at more mature audiences. I am definetly showing preference for PS2 games now. Maybe I'm just getting older.

astroglide
04-17-2005, 05:52 PM
i'm amazed at how few xbox games remotely interest me (and of those that do, how many of those are cross-platform games anyway). if you're not into halo or sports it seems like a terrible console.

fluxrad
04-17-2005, 07:04 PM
PS2 by far.

You: OMG! I'm going to play HALO!!! OMG!!!
Me: Um...ok. I'll be playing Half-Life 2 on my PC, where you're supposed to play FPS's.

You: OMG!!! I'm going to play Need For Speed or one of the other gay ass racing games.
Me: OK. I'll be playing GT4. Suck it hard, bitch.

You: OMG! I'm going to play some RPG on the X-Box.
Me: LMFAO. (Insert Final Fantasy reference here).

You: OMG! I'm going to be playing Madden...
Me: OK. You got me beat.

The XBox has one thing going for it and that's graphical ability. That being said, if you're into a console for graphical ability alone, you're in the wrong game anyway. When it comes to consoles, as long as the grapics are relatively close (which they are) you've got to look at the quality of games. As far as selection and quality are concerned, you just cannot beat the PS2.

Gran Turismo, the Metal Gear franchise, Final Fantasy, GTA (released way earlier on the PS2), etc. etc.

Oh yeah, and you don't have to pay for PS2-Live just to play on-line.

JaBlue
04-17-2005, 07:13 PM
madden is on PS2 too

fluxrad
04-17-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
madden is on PS2 too

[/ QUOTE ]

True. But it looks significantly better on the XBox.

I'm going to say that sports games is the one area where the XB truly does whoop on the PS2.

JaBlue
04-17-2005, 07:21 PM
its PS2 and not even close. It doesn't have the best performance, but it does have the best games. What good is a system without games anyway?

TStoneMBD
04-17-2005, 07:24 PM
xbox is a far more powerful console. xbox which eventually outdate PS2, at which point PS3 will hit the market. if you want to buy 2 consoles to rival 1 xbox console then that is your choice. however, most people just look at game selection, which ps2 is arguably far better with atm. they dont realize that down the line xbox is the more economical choice.

im not arguing that xbox is better than ps2. i just thought that the arguements for xbox, while just as valid as the arguements for ps2, are less noticable because they are longterm prospects.

JaBlue
04-17-2005, 07:26 PM
xbox will never have gran turismo and therefore will never be as good as PS2

SpearsBritney
04-17-2005, 07:28 PM
PS2 does have a better selction of games, though XBOX is definatly catching up. Plus, the choppyness of PS2's slow framerate gives me a headache. That being said, just buy both!

Phoenix1010
04-17-2005, 07:32 PM
Really depends on what kinds of games you're going for.

The PS2 has by far the most games, and so it has the most triple A games as well. It's the most balanced and easiest choice, you'll be able to find most of what you're looking for. The PS2's huge weakness is multiplayer, since it inexplicably only has two controller slots, and the online play is not up to par with Xbox live.

The Xbox has the best technology, so multi-platform games will almost always have their best version on Xbox, and Xbox Live is leaps and bounds above any other kind of console online play, it's not even close. I really can't think of too many exclusive Xbox single player games that are worth mentioning though. There are some, just not nearly as many as with the other two.

The Gamecube actually gets my vote, because of the kinds of games that I like. The GC has the most exclusive excellent games of any system, because a large percentage of the truly great games on the market are developed by Nintendo themselves. The GC has a great supply of single player games, but it really shines when it comes to multiplayer. The other two really don't have an answer for the Mario Party/Tennis/Golf/Kart games, and Smash Brothers is a decent alternative to Halo. What I like is that you can play and have fun with these games with anyone, be it your buddies, mother, girlfriend, little siblings, or old people. Halo (like most FPS) is more geared to playing with a bunch of 15-25 year olds guys (and some girls), not really a game that fits all situations.

All of the systems have a pretty good supply of quality exclusive single player games, so if that's what you're most interested in you'd be safe picking any one, although the PS2 probably has the advantage (we could go on for days about whether Zelda is better than Final Fantasy). If you like multiplayer games, the Xbox has the best online experience, while the Gamecube is best for playing with friends. Hope that helps.

-Phoenix

AngryCola
04-17-2005, 07:37 PM
The best versions of all cross-platform titles are on Xbox.

The graphics in the Xbox version of Splinter Cell:CT are far superior to those found in the PS2 version.

P.S. Fluxrad is wrong.

I'm not going to support the PS2 over the Xbox just because it has 2 franchises I can't get anywhere else (FF and GT).

If anything, this always reminds me of how crappy the PS2 really is. I had to buy one just for those two games alone. It sits there and collects dust all year until one of those titles is released.

A superior console this does not make.

BadBoyBenny
04-17-2005, 09:34 PM
PS2 has more usable controllers. Whether XBox has better hardware or not I don't really care. I have a little bit more loading time with my games, but the XBox versions of the games I play haven't shown me any other advantages (EA Sports). The PS2 controllers make the gameplay more enjoyable for me, that was the big selling point.

Ogre
04-17-2005, 10:11 PM
HALOs + XBOX LIVE

no contest

box>ps2

fluxrad
04-17-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HALOs + XBOX LIVE

no contest

box>ps2

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys know they have PC games too, like HL2, Doom 3, and UT2004 right?

That is to say...Halo and Halo 2 are absolutely pathetic first person shooters.

AngryCola
04-17-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a ridiculous comment, and you know it.

While you are correct in thinking that good FPS PC games are always greater than anything on a console, it's completely silly to dismiss the Halo series as "pathetic".

Quite honestly, I'm amazed that I was able to enjoy them both as much as I did. I've always felt the PC is the far superior platform for FPS games, and I still do.

The first Halo was the best FPS shooter on a console system when it came out. But it didn't really 'do it' for me as much as it did for some people. The level design was just plain awful in certain parts of Halo 1.

Halo 2's levels are far more well done, and the game gave me a lot of enjoyment. Now it also stands as the best FPS on a console.

Will it ever beat FPS games like Half-Life?
Absolutely not.

But both Halo games are enjoyable shooters, and you get to play them while relaxing on the sofa.

crownjules
04-17-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You guys know they have PC games too, like HL2, Doom 3, and UT2004 right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good story, but that's about it. Everything else is fairly standard. Plus, I could never get into playing an FPS on console controllers. After years of keyboard + mouse, it's hard programmed into me.

I go with the GC. My friend's have every system at their place (my GC) and we play far more on the GC then any of the other consoles. Mostly it's SSBM and Mario Kart with some Soul Calibur 2 thrown in on ocassion.

Riskwise
04-17-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PS2 by far.

You: OMG! I'm going to play HALO!!! OMG!!!
Me: Um...ok. I'll be playing Half-Life 2 on my PC, where you're supposed to play FPS's.

[/ QUOTE ]

In poker, we would generally take the "professional's" opinion over the "fish's" opinion. Well, in this case, im the pro, and your the fish (recreational player). You play tons of RPG's and other gay non competitive games. I play a game that is competitive. In no way am i argueing halo over CS or some other FPS on computer, but FPS console is entirely different (and this is a console topic thread). xbox will have/has all the most played games, but it also has halo. Halo pwns, Xbox pwns.

If all that is not enough, Xbox has XBL. PS2 has free lag. thread over.

EDIT: i overlooked this supporting statement
[ QUOTE ]
HALOs + XBOX LIVE

no contest

box>ps2

[/ QUOTE ]

Ogre
04-17-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry but you are wrong, and along with Riskwise 4 million other people disagree with you as well.

Ogre
04-18-2005, 12:01 AM
*Hijack*

Halo 1>Halo 2 - this is true for serious gamers.

Halo 2>Halo 1 - This is true for recreational players.

ThaSaltCracka
04-18-2005, 12:03 AM
is that a shoe in your avatar?

MarkSummers
04-18-2005, 12:09 AM
zelda, mario, metroid, smash brothers, resident evil 4. for pure console style games, cube wins hands down. halo 1 and 2 may be the best shooters on any console but they can't even compare with the half life 2 engine and counter strike source.

Riskwise
04-18-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PS2 has more usable controllers. Whether XBox has better hardware or not I don't really care. I have a little bit more loading time with my games, but the XBox versions of the games I play haven't shown me any other advantages (EA Sports). The PS2 controllers make the gameplay more enjoyable for me, that was the big selling point.

[/ QUOTE ]

your just used to the ps2 controllers. honestly, take a look at the two and its so obvious which one is more curved to fit your hand (talking about typeS, the duke was rediculous). gamecube has best controllers if you are still in elementary school.

Xbox TypeS:
http://www.deafgamers.com/controller_s1.jpg

Xbox Duke:
http://www.softmag.no/xbox/bilder/xbox_controller_stor.jpg

PS2:
http://www.pranavsharma.com/images/blogs/ps2controller.jpg

Gamecube:
http://shopping.multiplayer.it/catalog/images/NGC%20controller%20nero.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
zelda, mario, metroid, smash brothers, resident evil 4. for pure console style games, cube wins hands down. halo 1 and 2 may be the best shooters on any console but they can't even compare with the half life 2 engine and counter strike source.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have ADD? this is about the best console

[ QUOTE ]
*Hijack*

Halo 1>Halo 2 - this is true for serious gamers.

Halo 2>Halo 1 - This is true for recreational players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad you have already been pwned in your face on this topic... (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=&Number=1379126&page=&view =&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)

ThaSaltCracka
04-18-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]this is silly, once Microsoft realize the controller was to big on the XBox they modified it, it basically feels the same as the PS2 controller.

Ogre
04-18-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is that a shoe in your avatar?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I have already told you this, its a stand up jetski.

ThaSaltCracka
04-18-2005, 12:26 AM
it looks like a shoe.

Riskwise
04-18-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The first Halo was the best FPS shooter on a console system when it came out. But it didn't really 'do it' for me as much as it did for some people. The level design was just plain awful in certain parts of Halo 1.

Halo 2's levels are far more well done, and the game gave me a lot of enjoyment. Now it also stands as the best FPS on a console.

[/ QUOTE ]

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE
if you have actually played halo1 and 2 for more than a week, please never comment on another gaming topic again.

Ogre
04-18-2005, 12:56 AM
looks more like the sweetest jetski ever, ask me NLSoldier or riskwise. the ones who have actually rode it.

Riskwise
04-18-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
looks more like the sweetest jetski ever, ask me NLSoldier or riskwise. the ones who have actually rode it.

[/ QUOTE ]

sweetest jetski ever...

Ogre
04-18-2005, 01:00 AM
"The level design was just plain awful in certain parts of Halo 1. Halo 2's levels are far more well done"

dear poster,

Thanks to you and people like you we were given huge gay maps, ghost, banshees, homing rockts, swords, smg spawms, easy sniper auto aim, no SMALL MAPS that are atually playable. Now go back to matchmaking please.

Thank You
OGRE

Riskwise
04-18-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"The level design was just plain awful in certain parts of Halo 1. Halo 2's levels are far more well done"

dear poster,

Thanks to you and people like you we were given huge gay maps, ghost, banshees, homing rockts, swords, smg spawms, easy sniper auto aim, no SMALL MAPS that are atually playable.

Thank You
OGRE

[/ QUOTE ]

people like you did ruin halo, but as for the NO MAPS part, your wrong. NO MAPS are playable with matchmaking settings. As for MLG pro tourney settings, lockout midship ivory beaver and marginally zanzibar are all playable maps. lockout is the best map out of both halo 1 and 2.

ThaSaltCracka
04-18-2005, 01:06 AM
you two.... stifle yourselves, don't both of you have school tomorrow?

Riskwise
04-18-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you two.... stifle yourselves, don't both of you have school tomorrow?

[/ QUOTE ]

OGRE(12:03:56 AM): i gotta go

The Truth
04-18-2005, 01:17 AM
I can't bring myself to play console games anymore. PC rules. I love first person shooters using a mouse and keyboard, console controls seem clumsy even in FPS.
Can you get a mouse and keyboard set up to play halo on XBOX? that might be fun.
Internet play is sick fun online, i get bored as brains playing on consoles. However, if i could hook a mouse and keyboard up to an xbox i would play halo just cause my little brother plays alot so id play with him.

Riskwise
04-18-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However, if i could hook a mouse and keyboard up to an xbox i would play halo just cause my little brother plays alot so id play with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you can, but funny this is, no pros use the mouse and keyboard, its just not as good. also, i think you havent played over xbox live, because i dont see how you can find it boring. and wow its late, im gonna be so tired tomorrow... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

By the way TSC the new patch for H2 comes out tomorrow, fixes standby cheating and adds 2v2. Also fixes tons of imbalances but i doubt you'll notice... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

AngryCola
04-18-2005, 01:35 AM
How intelligent.

I've probably been playing video games since before you lost your virginity.

Wait, that's not a good example...

No matter...

If you really believe Halo 1's single player campaign level design is better than that found in Halo 2, I weep for your ability to distinguish a quality entertainment experience.

AngryCola
04-18-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

dear poster,

Thanks to you and people like you we were given huge gay maps, ghost, banshees, homing rockts, swords, smg spawms, easy sniper auto aim, no SMALL MAPS that are atually playable. Now go back to matchmaking please.

Thank You
OGRE

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi.

I'm reality.
I wasn't talking about the multiplayer maps.

P.S. People like you ruin existence.

Thank you,
Daddy

fluxrad
04-18-2005, 05:04 AM
Sweet Mary mother and Joseph...

Riskwise, could you be any more of a Halo fanboy?

Riskwise
04-18-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How intelligent.

I've probably been playing video games since before you lost your virginity.

Wait, that's not a good example...

No matter...

[/ QUOTE ]

no it wouldnt be a good example because im 16, but it sure was a mature comment.

[ QUOTE ]
If you really believe Halo 1's single player campaign level design is better than that found in Halo 2, I weep for your ability to distinguish a quality entertainment experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

I weep for your inability to distinguish the topic of the conversation. next time, read before you post. The whole topic is on playable multiplayer maps. If your too ignorant to realize that, i really dont think you should be argueing the topic.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

dear poster,

Thank You
OGRE

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi.

I'm reality.
I wasn't talking about the multiplayer maps.

P.S. People like you ruin existence.

Thank you,
Daddy

[/ QUOTE ]

wow thats fantastic, everyone else was...
PS: your the countless masses of retarded gamers that actually enjoy team fiesta, rockets lockout, phantom ball foundation, and shotguns midship. Ogre is right. You are not only wrong, but ignorant on the whole subject of halo.

[ QUOTE ]
Sweet Mary mother and Joseph...

Riskwise, could you be any more of a Halo fanboy?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, just cause i have an MLG avatar?