PDA

View Full Version : Poker Player Kidnapped

Broken Glass Can
04-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Turned out to be a False Alarm /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Husband 'Kidnapped' by Poker Buddies (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,153543,00.html)

A California woman was sure her husband was being abducted — but it turned out just to be his buddies getting him to play poker.

It was close to midnight Saturday when the unnamed couple pulled into their driveway in Rialto, about 50 miles east of Los Angeles, reports The Press-Enterprise of Riverside, Calif.

As they got out of their car, two strange men suddenly jumped out, threw the husband into a waiting vehicle and sped off.

The terrified woman immediately called 911.

"She didn't know who the guys were," Rialto Sgt. Carla McCullough told the newspaper. "She was all frantic. She thought her husband had been kidnapped."

City police and a San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department (search) helicopter scoured the area and quickly found the getaway car less than two miles away.

"We were treating it as a big deal," said McCullough. "But we get to the car, and the guy says, 'These are my friends — they just wanted me to play poker.'"

Police let the jokers go. No one answered the door at the couple's home the following afternoon.

Ianco15
04-17-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As they got out of their car, two strange men suddenly jumped out, threw the husband into a waiting vehicle and sped off.

[/ QUOTE ]
They could have just called him.

sumdumguy
04-18-2005, 12:49 AM
That is behaviour unbecoming a male.

Ianco15
04-18-2005, 01:01 AM
What I should have said:
"If you tell anybody about this, I'll [censored] kill you! I'm just kidding, we'll have him back by 5."

BradleyT
04-18-2005, 01:11 AM
Helicopter and securing the area?

And we wonder why taxes are so high.

pokerraja
04-18-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Turned out to be a False Alarm /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Husband 'Kidnapped' by Poker Buddies (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,153543,00.html)

A California woman was sure her husband was being abducted — but it turned out just to be his buddies getting him to play poker.

It was close to midnight Saturday when the unnamed couple pulled into their driveway in Rialto, about 50 miles east of Los Angeles, reports The Press-Enterprise of Riverside, Calif.

The terrified woman immediately called 911.

"She didn't know who the guys were," Rialto Sgt. Carla McCullough told the newspaper. "She was all frantic. She thought her husband had been kidnapped."

City police and a San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department (search) helicopter scoured the area and quickly found the getaway car less than two miles away.

"We were treating it as a big deal," said McCullough. "But we get to the car, and the guy says, 'These are my friends — they just wanted me to play poker.'"

Police let the jokers go. No one answered the door at the couple's home the following afternoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, guys, that was ME! True story. /images/graemlins/blush.gif