PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play suited Connectors at an aggro table?

Felipe
04-17-2005, 01:01 PM
I want to know if you guys play suited connectors at aggressive tables. Since they are marginal hands preflop, and they hit the flop less than often (or hit but make weak draws or weak pairs) they are (I guess) best played with against passive players, than will raise less, ch/raise less, bet less, and give free cards often.

Do you guys play things like Q8s, Q7s, J7s, 23s, 45s........ on the CO or button for a bet with 3 limpers? 4 limpers? 8 limpers? albeit on an aggressive table?

mtdoak
04-17-2005, 01:37 PM
23s and 45s....never, once in a while out of the SB, but never for a full bet. Qxs, again, almost never. If its good multiway pot and you see the flop for one bet and you have position, I'll limp with hands like Q8s or Q9s. Stick to hands like 78s, 89s, 9Ts, even 65s ones that can make alot of straights

gvibes
04-17-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
23s and 45s....never, once in a while out of the SB, but never for a full bet. Qxs, again, almost never. If its good multiway pot and you see the flop for one bet and you have position, I'll limp with hands like Q8s or Q9s. Stick to hands like 78s, 89s, 9Ts, even 65s ones that can make alot of straights

[/ QUOTE ]

45s makes just as many straights as 56s. I agree that 23s is a little different story.

I think that if you're folding 45s after (maybe 3, definitely) 4 limpers, you're making a mistake.

mannika
04-17-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I want to know if you guys play suited connectors at aggressive tables. Since they are marginal hands preflop, and they hit the flop less than often (or hit but make weak draws or weak pairs) they are (I guess) best played with against passive players, than will raise less, ch/raise less, bet less, and give free cards often.

Do you guys play things like Q8s, Q7s, J7s, 23s, 45s........ on the CO or button for a bet with 3 limpers? 4 limpers? 8 limpers? albeit on an aggressive table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you make the distinction between aggressive preflop and postflop. Aggressive preflop tables definitely make suited connectors go down in value (unless you are in late position), but the effect of aggressiveness postflop is a different matter (it can probably affect it both ways, in charging you more for your draws, but paying off more when you hit)