PDA

View Full Version : 88 with a paired board.

rafct
04-17-2005, 12:26 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

No reads for this one. I am not sure why I did the following flop play. By looking at the hand again, I think I should have just bet. On the turn I continue showing aggression and also probably have the best hand. Now when I get called by both opponents and a bad card arrives, should I be betting anyway this river? Also when I check and they bet there is one player yet to act, what do you think about the river fold?
Thank you.

Dead
04-17-2005, 01:27 PM
Bet the river. Or at least check-call it.

The Legend
04-17-2005, 02:11 PM
The no reads part hurts. I would check call here, on the assumption that they would fold their high cards but call or raise with trips or the flush. Folding here is a mistake(I think), as many people on the button could bluff here when you slow down to a scare card.

Also, I probably would have bet the flop since giving a free card would kinda suck with all them overcards to the eights.

@bsolute_luck
04-17-2005, 04:58 PM
is your c/r because you don't believe CO has the King? with no reads and checking the flop, i'd fold.