PDA

View Full Version : The Cinnamon Challenge

James282
04-17-2005, 12:08 PM
So I was hanging out with some friends of mine from college recently and while reflecting on old times somebody brought up the Cinnamon Challenge. Basically, we all used to work in the cafeteria at my school, and in the down time we'd run various eating challenges. The most difficult one, by FAR, was this one. All you need to do is take a full tablespoon of pure cinnamon and put it in your mouth. You need to swallow it all without drinking or eating anything else, and without spitting any out or leaving any stuck in your teeth. We usually gave people very generous helpings.

It almost always ends in people spitting huge red clouds of smoke, gagging uncontrollably, or rushing to get a drink of something. It was always completely hilarious to bust out the cinnamon at a party and bet some tough guy 10 bucks that he couldn't do it. 5 minutes later I'd be 10 dollars richer and said tough guy would be running around trying to find someone to bet ten dollars that they couldn't do it. Good times.

So I know some of you are thinking, "Lol! I could do that so easily. How hard could it possibly be??" Go try it, it will kick your ass! Afterwards, I guarantee you will respect cinnamon as a spice.
-James

miajag81
04-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I have accidentally inhaled some cinnamon before and instantly started choking.

Also, isn't it weird that we both made cinnamon-related posts within 10 minutes of each other? Or did you see mine first and it made you think of this?

Rockatansky
04-17-2005, 12:42 PM
I have absolutely no doubt that I could snort a half kilo of cinnamon and beat up 250 five year olds, all at the same time.

James282
04-17-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I have accidentally inhaled some cinnamon before and instantly started choking.

Also, isn't it weird that we both made cinnamon-related posts within 10 minutes of each other? Or did you see mine first and it made you think of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

You reminded me of it.
-James

scotty34
04-17-2005, 04:07 PM
Try the same thing with nutmeg. You may get some interesting results /images/graemlins/wink.gif

TimM
04-17-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
huge red clouds of smoke

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that would be called Cinnamon Wind. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I imagine almost any fine dry powder would be very difficult to swallow like that.

stankybank
04-17-2005, 04:45 PM
lol.

this sounds fun and painful at the same time.

DukeSucks
04-17-2005, 10:15 PM
also fun to try with the Hershey's powder baking chocolate. Especially if the other person is thinking it is going to taste like chocolate

Alobar
04-17-2005, 10:22 PM
did anyone ever actually pull it off?

Ringo_Mojo
04-17-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Try the same thing with nutmeg. You may get some interesting results /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing. :>

My buddies and I have a similar proposition we put to people....

$20 to eat 10 saltine crackers in 1 minute without taking a drink.

At first glance it looks easy as hell. The big eaters and tough guys always fall for it, i've never seen anyone get more then 6 before their mouth is so dry they can't swollow anything. My buddy once saw a guy get 7 by biting his tounge to get some blood in his mouth to swollow with.

gumpzilla
04-17-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you actually know anybody who's eaten enough nutmeg to get the hallucinatory results? The only person I knew who tried got none of the fun stuff and an epic case of the runs, so I can't really recommend this based on anecdotal evidence.

scotty34
04-17-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing. :>

My buddies and I have a similar proposition we put to people....

$20 to eat 10 saltine crackers in 1 minute without taking a drink.

At first glance it looks easy as hell. The big eaters and tough guys always fall for it, i've never seen anyone get more then 6 before their mouth is so dry they can't swollow anything. My buddy once saw a guy get 7 by biting his tounge to get some blood in his mouth to swollow with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I've tried that one too. I've seen someone do 4 in a minute and I was impressed by that, as I definetly can't.

I was referring to one of the little known properties of nutmeg in my post. It's psychoactive.

scotty34
04-17-2005, 10:37 PM
I don't think it's supposed to be hallucinogenic. I've heard others talk about the high though. It's somewhat of an interesting experience, but definetly not euphoric according to them. One said he really didn't like it, and got paranoid and hot. There is a reason that it's a little known fact, as it likely is not a very pleasant experience for most.