PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick of QQ, they scare the hell out of me

Ryan_21
11-04-2002, 01:58 PM
Was playing in a ring game 4 days ago and was dealt QQ 6 times in 2 hours. I'll spare you the details, but lost all six hands.

The next day, was playing in a NL tourney and was dealt QQ in BB. Blinds were pretty good size, 3 call and I raise all in wanted to steal the blinds and extra money as this equaled a good amount relative to chip counts. Needless to say I was called by AA and lost. This left me with 1 chip 25T, miraculously I brought that up to an average stack after going all in 3 times against multi way pots. Then I get QQ again and raise a limper, get reraise, at this point half my stack is already sticking out and I go all in and run into AA again and this time I got knocked out for good.

The next day, was in another NL tourny down to 20 out of about 150 and get the beloved AA. Someone raised, I reraised, they go all in and I gleefully call. Q high board and I get shown QQ for a set of queens to put me out of the touney.

Then the next day, which is today, Im down to five players out of 85 and I lose a big hand and have only one chip left 250T. Miraculously I win about 4 hands in a row, big hands too and I go from 1 chip to chip leader with about 37,000T, then I get dealt the dreaded QQ, but hey Im not superstitious. I raise 2 call, J high flop, I bet this all the way to the end and go all in and get shown KK, by someone who never even raised.

Disclaimer: This post has no informational value what so ever other than drivel and b*tching and moaning, so please dont reply and say the same thing the disclaimer just said.

Ryan_21

Jeffage
11-04-2002, 02:04 PM
Playing 10-20 a couple weeks ago. These 2 hands occurred back to back. I have QQ, raise a few limpers, kid coldcalls, all call. Flop comes A44. So I'm pretty much done with the hand, but its checked to me, and I bet it. Kid is only caller. Turn is a Queen. Boo Yah. I bet, kid calls. River is a 3. I bet, kid raises, I reraise. Kid raises again. This guy is real aggressive...so he could do this with something like A4, but I'm worried. Anyway, I make it 100 for some inexplicable reason and he makes it 120. I call to look at quads. Next hand, I have QQ again and raise. Only the button calls. Flop Q86, two hearts. Bet, raise, raise, call. Turn offsuit brick. Bet call. River heart. Check call. He has 7h3h. I almost puked on the felt. Just thought I'd commiserate.

Jeff

Ryan_21
11-04-2002, 03:38 PM
All poker players should boycott QQ. They should just take all 4 of them mop squeezers out of the deck and never use them again. Like Maverick said, "never play poker with women." /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Ryan_21

Fitz
11-05-2002, 08:33 PM
You guys will hate this post! A few days ago I'm playing on Pardise 2/4. I'm in the CO and I catch pocket Queens. There is a raise in front of me, so I three bet and the button caps. Flop comes Queen high rainbow. There is a bet and a raise in front of me. I three bet and the button caps. Turn is a brick completing the rainbow. There is a bet in front of me, and I raise my set, and the button calls. The river is yet another miss for the board. I bet the river and get 3 callers. I win a huge pot with my top set. I pulled the hand history just to see, and sure enough the 4 hands were JJ, KK, AA and my QQ. I wonder what the odds of that are?

Good Luck All,

Mike
11-06-2002, 06:30 AM
I know what you are saying, but when you're hot, you can take 72o against a full table of tough players and take down a monster pot.

Oops, did I say when you're hot? I meant when SD is favorable to you because you have suffered the slings and arrows of being on the wrong side of SD for many many days....LOL

11-08-2002, 03:31 PM
This happened about 2 months ago and I thought to be insignificant till I saw your post: Had QQ 4 times in a 4-8 game and won them all. Table broke and I moved to the pink game (7.50/15 at Trop). Had QQ 3 times and won them all again! Both sessions were about 8 hrs total. Not to rub it in but I think luck also plays a roll in poker. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif