PDA

View Full Version : So close Clarkmeister

11-04-2002, 12:27 PM
Detroit with its rookie QB and horrible defense against an underrated Dallas defense with its own rookie QB and this is the game that you key on? At least jerry had the decency to post his pick early in the week, so I could warn people as to the trends of the Minn/T.B. series (which of course turned out to be right on target - Mn turnovers/soft zone = Tampa scoring a month's worth of points) and tell them to avoid this illogical pick. You on the other hand wait until Saturday to give the readers Detroit over Dallas? What was this the only game you had listed on your dart board? First, it was a terrible game between two terrible teams, with two terrible coaches, in a terrible city and a terrible stadium (well the stadium is nice, but it is still a dome). Second, a review of the series would bring you back to the last week of the season last year when these crappy teams played a similar style game as they displayed yesterday, leaving anyone thinking of wagering on this game to decide otherwise. As I requested last week, please stop posting your unintelligent football picks on this site, I am getting tired of having to show you the errors of your way.

TAFKAn
11-04-2002, 02:20 PM
Did Clarky screw your girlfriend? Does he owe you money? What is it? Just tell us dammit!

Clarkmeister
11-04-2002, 04:29 PM
How did you get so good at analyzing a game after the fact? Very impressive.

I said SF would win outright and they did, and I said Detroit would win by 3 and they won by 2. Thats gambling for ya!

Wildbill
11-04-2002, 04:44 PM
Pretty funny Clark, I think this poster is the best post-game analyst I have ever seen! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

You got unlucky by a point, I got lucky by a point, as you say that is why it still is gambling to a degree. Can't fault your thinking in either pick, I was with you on the Niners and I liked your thinking on the Lions but didn't wager. I wonder if this "BEA KNISH" poster can tell us where to find their bookie, maybe we are allowed to bet games that are already played!

wpod
11-04-2002, 06:11 PM
If you're so tired, then just give it up!

11-04-2002, 06:23 PM
did you miss the first part of my post? Clarkmeister, please make your pick earlier in the week so I can show you the problem with your pick, much like I did to Jerry's pick of the Vikes covering against Tampa in Tampa Bay. Go back and review my analysis 4-5 days before that game and tell me exactly where I was wrong.... still waiting! The point is that if you key one game a week, have some theory or do some research prior to spouting off your opinion so haphazardously.

11-04-2002, 06:47 PM
No he hasn't done my girlfriend, no he doesn't owe ME money, although he owes an apology to anyone who takes his advice. Nothing personal re Clarkmeister, just can't stand incompetence when it comes to haphazard football picks. I will be the first to congratulate him, if and when his pick(s) are backed up by some research and thought. Like me or hate me, I'm just attempting to make him a better handicapper, which by revealing his recent record definitely can't hurt him.