PDA

View Full Version : What stats do you guys use on Playerview?

Lonhro
04-17-2005, 08:47 AM
Just wondering what stats everyone uses - at the moment I've got VPIP, PFR, AA, WTSD, W$SD and TH. I stress though that I haven't really been utilising the WTSD and W$SD stats at all; I feel this could be losing me bets - question is, is there another stat that I could be using that could also be losing me bets? Currently playing Party 5/10 full ring and going ok at it (could always go better though).

ArturiusX
04-17-2005, 09:17 AM
Stats don't lose you bets, bad play does.

I could have perfect 'stats', but still be a losing player.

Stats help you identify leaks, nothing more, nothing less.

Lonhro
04-17-2005, 09:26 AM
Well put. Perhaps I should have said: "I feel I'm not using these stats to get a better read on my opponents, thus not maximising my play".

Piiop
04-17-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Stats help you identify leaks, nothing more, nothing less.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's silly.

CallMeIshmael
04-17-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

CallMeIshmael
04-17-2005, 12:11 PM
People usually refer to the 'Big three' stats on here, and thats about it. (the big three being: vpip/pfr/aggression factor). Im sure you are getting enough out of these three.

Since you said you weren't using WTSD enough, that's where I would begin to look. This is, IMO, the fourth most relevant stat.

This stat gives you a good idea of what to value bet.

A high WTSD -> will call down with a lot of hands -> value bet with lots of hands

A low WTSD -> wont call down -> bluff/semi-bluff more than usual.

IMPORTANT: WTSD is a relative stat NOT an absolute stat.

VPIP is an absolute stat: The 30% or 50% VPIP stat isnt affected by other stats.

A high WTSD rate doesnt mean a whole lot if someones VPIP is 8%. Most hands in the top 8% should be shown down A LOT. By the same token, a low WTSD is probably normal for someone with a VPIP of 72.

So, look through stats of other players, and get a feel for what WTSD is about normal for each range of VPIP, and then learn to play against them accordingly.

SmileyEH
04-17-2005, 12:53 PM
VPIP, PFR, total hands, Agression by street, WTSD%

-SmileyEH

mtdoak
04-17-2005, 12:57 PM
VPIP, PFR, and total agression. Also, consider putting table VPIP up if you are going to be playing 3/6 or higher.