PDA

View Full Version : new poker lingo

curtains
04-17-2005, 04:22 AM
Delayed Bad Beat - When you get a ridiculous bad beat while 8 tabling, but don't even know about it until you read the HH's because you weren't even looking during the showdown.

(Just saw I lost some hand with 77 vs 76s about 1.5 hours ago)

TheUsher
04-17-2005, 04:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Delayed Bad Beat - When you get a ridiculous bad beat while 8 tabling, but don't even know about it until you read the HH's because you weren't even looking during the showdown.

(Just saw I lost some hand with 77 vs 76s about 1.5 hours ago)

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wait until you have those moments with 8 open tables but you're sitting at only 5 or something from getting knocked out or just plain not sitting down at them. Funny sometimes when you're like, "oh wow all are still alive and i'm at level 5 already". /images/graemlins/wink.gif Oh and the lovely thing when you pick up AA and notice raise/re-raise minimums, trying to find the slider and noticing crap(!@ I'm at limit! ... on level 4.

rohjoh
04-17-2005, 12:12 PM
[/ QUOTE ]
Just wait until you have those moments with 8 open tables but you're sitting at only 5 or something from getting knocked out or just plain not sitting down at them. Funny sometimes when you're like, "oh wow all are still alive and i'm at level 5 already". /images/graemlins/wink.gif Oh and the lovely thing when you pick up AA and notice raise/re-raise minimums, trying to find the slider and noticing crap(!@ I'm at limit! ... on level 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

This happened to me the other night, I was at level 4 and could not figure why everyone was min raising all the time. Then realized I was playing limit.

Voltron87
04-17-2005, 12:17 PM
I hate when that happens. Once in a tourney last week I had AA, there was an allin in front of me, I say "Bling!" and push, go back to another table, a while later I realize I haven't had any options at the top left table, I'm out, I check the HH... AA vs AQs and AKs... AQs with the straight.

Apathy
04-17-2005, 01:03 PM
If you fold pocket aces PF but never knew it, did it really happen?

Irieguy
04-17-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you fold pocket aces PF but never knew it, did it really happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

That becomes an even deeper philosophical question if you end up winning the SNG.

I sent somebody a HH of mine last week, and when I looked over it, I realized that I folded AA in level 1 (must have timed out or whatever). I didn't know it at the time, and it was now like a week later. So, I was kind of bummed... but I won the SNG anyways... so I wasn't really that bummed.

Therefore, I would have to say that if a tree falls and nobody is around to hear it, it DOES make a sound because it can be recorded even if nobody is there.

Irieguy

Benholio
04-17-2005, 02:51 PM
I remember finding in pokertracker a hand where I had folded KK in level 1. I was UTG+1 and UTG had folded. I either timed out, or clicked the "check/fold" button before I realized what my hand was. I do that sometimes with good hands.

TruFloridaGator
04-17-2005, 03:41 PM
LOL great thread /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nottom
04-17-2005, 04:36 PM
I hate when that happens. It usually involves my pushing with a big hand expecting to double up or take down the pot and looking back to see "You finished in BLAH place, would you like your Hand History"

On the flip side I always find it interesting when you are jusy kind of coasting along and suddenly you look at one of your tables and you only have 2 opponents left. (This usually happens when I have 1 or 2 other tables in tight bubble/3-way situations)

chill888
04-17-2005, 04:50 PM
I believe this is on topic:

I'm playing four table - 3 at Stars and 1 at Paradise - when suddenly a Paradise Tourney window pops up. I have no clue what it is but after some searching see that its a WSOP freeroll for people on their weekly tourney leader board. 110 people get $ and first is a WSOP package - so OK.

Anyway, I keep playing it very tight - but paying absolutely no attention. But I run into a few hands and notice it's always the same guy that I'm reraising. In chat I say " I feel like me and xxxx are in a private game"

54 minutes later just before the break ........ I look at stack sizes and realize only 2 out of 10 players are actually there (it doesn't say "sitting out" at Paradise like it does at Stars). At break he says "hey bud" .... I say "Yeah I just noticed"

I've been folding to noone and with some luck have an OK stack and this other guy thinks I am an absolute moron - and he's right.

stupidsucker
04-17-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just wait until you have those moments with 8 open tables but you're sitting at only 5 or something from getting knocked out or just plain not sitting down at them. Funny

[/ QUOTE ]

OK do I understand this correctly? Am I not the only one that has started up a table while 8tabling then not have time to sit down(or miss your seat) then forget to close it out because you are busy.... I have looked at tables and realized... "OH this table isnt even active. I never sat down here."

Ad of course there are the times you realize oh im out of here here and there.

Then there is the double and even triple beat when you push on more then one table and lose on them all. This sucks on more then one level. If you lose on two or more tables at once you miss the box for the HH.

TheUsher
04-17-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just wait until you have those moments with 8 open tables but you're sitting at only 5 or something from getting knocked out or just plain not sitting down at them. Funny

[/ QUOTE ]

OK do I understand this correctly? Am I not the only one that has started up a table while 8tabling then not have time to sit down(or miss your seat) then forget to close it out because you are busy.... I have looked at tables and realized... "OH this table isnt even active. I never sat down here."

Ad of course there are the times you realize oh im out of here here and there.

Then there is the double and even triple beat when you push on more then one table and lose on them all. This sucks on more then one level. If you lose on two or more tables at once you miss the box for the HH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man I hate those too when you get knocked out at multiple tables within a short time span. That's news to me if you can't request the summaries since I never noticed it yet. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif