PDA

View Full Version : How would you have played this?

KSOT
04-17-2005, 03:37 AM
10 person fixed limit .25/.50 table at UB. About half of the table was seeing the flop on average.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button raises, all 7 people call.

Flop: (16 SB) 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (8 players)
Everyone checks over to MP2 who bets, MP3 folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero raises, UTG folds, UTG+2 folds, all 4 people call.

Turn: (13 BB) T /images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 players)
SB checks, Hero bets, all 4 people call.

River: (18 BB) 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 players)
SB checks, Hero bets, MP1 raises, MP2 calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Showdown:

MP1 shows A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
MP1 has Ad 4d 2s 5d 3d: straight, five high.
MP2 mucks cards.
Hero mucks cards.

Final Pot: 24 BB

I really wish I had waited 'till the turn to raise, but I was afraid of the spades... Bad play. How would you have done it?

Niediam
04-17-2005, 03:46 AM
Raise the river. Otherwise you look good.

adsman
04-17-2005, 03:48 AM
First, don't post results. It skews everyones opinion.
I don't think that you played this too bad. The checkraise on the flop knocked 2 people out and you were in a good position to do it. Turn standard. River you realised that you might be beat and with the 3rd player along for the ride you called down. I don't think that I would have played it differently. Just don't post results. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

KSOT
04-17-2005, 04:11 AM
Sorry about that.

I = newbie

Next time I'll put 'em in white. That's acceptable, right?

adsman
04-17-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry about that.

I = newbie

Next time I'll put 'em in white. That's acceptable, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, don't even do that. Post em later on if people are interested enough to ask. You have to remember that the results don't matter. You see a lot of posts from newbies where they post a hand that they played badly but they won or vice versa. Don't be results orientated. Worry about the play.

Ianco15
04-17-2005, 04:38 AM
Seems pretty standard. I don't think you should wait for the turn to raise partially because you may not get the chance to raise the turn.

aK13
04-17-2005, 06:26 AM
I think you're line is fine. Don't get results oriented. You have a monster, so keep firing away at this pot (you're never going to get flush/straight draws to fold cuz pot is huge, so just hope you don't get outdrawn).

adsman
04-17-2005, 06:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you're line is fine. Don't get results oriented. You have a monster, so keep firing away at this pot (you're never going to get flush/straight draws to fold cuz pot is huge, so just hope you don't get outdrawn).

[/ QUOTE ]

You're never going to get flush/straight draws to fold period. They're with you to the end.

SCfuji
04-17-2005, 06:28 AM
the same allll the way. couldve waited until the turn but i doubt this dude is going anywhere. just more money for the winner.