PDA

View Full Version : blind defense hand from 2+2 table

bottomset
04-17-2005, 02:49 AM
I almost never post hands, but this one I thought was pretty interesting, it's prob a bad idea for me to have tried this type of play given how I have been playing to this point .. I'll give my thought process on each of the streets

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: bottomset is BB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG :#A500AF(villian)/ raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, bottomset calls.

alright Villian isn't too out of line, 22/15ish, not sure how positional he's being with his PFR .. anyway normally my cutoff here is T9o, maybe 98(i want to say NatethaGreat defends down to 76o) .. I think 65s is prob ok as well .. but I was getting sick of seeing 1.75 pots so I indulged a little, also noone was defending, thought this could spark them too

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
bottomset checks, <font color="#CC3333">villian bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">bottomset raises</font>, villian calls.

pretty good flop for me, a gutshot on a rainbow board, that also was fairly likely to have missed him complety .. but one that he'll bet 95% of the time .. I decide to semibluff checkraise, I have 4outs to the nuts, plus my 5 and 6 outs are still fairly valuable

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">bottomset bets</font>

he only called, and I improved to 8outs to the nutstraight, I think the bet here is automatic as I will get 10-20% or so folds to this bet, which is close to enough to pure bluff
throw in a 9-10out draw

thoughts on it

EDIT: please don't reply fold preflop, and stop .. comment on all 3streets

adsman
04-17-2005, 03:21 AM
hey dude, thx for the game.

Don't remember the hand but everything you say is true. There were a LOT of $1.75 hands at one point. The call preflop is fine I think, particularly given your reads of the table. Flop I like a lot. You're probably right that it missed him completely as a lot of players were auto-betting the flop fearing to look weak. His call backs this up. At that point I think he should have folded or reraised you.

The turn has to be a blank for him if he's playing overcards. You lead it, I can only assume that he would give it up at this point. But if he didn't and he reraised you, what was your plan?

Adam

bottomset
04-17-2005, 03:49 AM
call if im playing normal

3bet if im messing around

adsman
04-17-2005, 03:57 AM
and fold the river unimproved I assume.

bottomset
04-17-2005, 12:46 PM
yeah, I'd prob fold hitting a pair as well I doubt he'd raise the turn with A high. if he just calls .. I'd prob betfold a 5 or 6 .. gotowar obviously with the straight

bottomset
04-18-2005, 12:05 AM
nobody else want to take a view on this?

Entity
04-18-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
nobody else want to take a view on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop against a UTG raise. Suited is closer. Flop and turn are OK but you're getting raised by a decent villain a LARGE portion of the time on the turn.

tijean
04-18-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...2+2 table...villian isn't too out of line, 22/15ish...

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't mention if villain is a 2+2er, so I'll assume he is, and assume everybody's trying to play real poker and not just LAG it up. So you decide to play a little LAG yourself with the PF call - could work, LAGs can be quite profitable against TAGs in the short run.

So what about going for a c/r on the turn, as well? Betting out here is standard, but that's what's wrong with it. Your c/r on the flop says you're on the J, but if you check the turn I'm guessing he bets any A thinking your on A3 or A5 and he's got you dominated. Even if he suspects a setup, he can't let you have a free card because of the possibility of the draw. And he might not fold to a bet, but will probably fold to another c/r.

Too many levels... My head is spinning... Wouldn't you just rather play at a normal table where you don't have to do this much thinking?