PDA

View Full Version : Stud on Crypto sites

robug
04-17-2005, 02:31 AM
I have been playing stud in the low-mid limits on interpoker for the last few weeks and all and all I find the games pretty soft. The $1/2-£2/4 games are real soft with alot of loose aggressive players, calling stations and 1-2 good players. When you move up to the £3/6-E5/10 tables the game gets a little tougher with only 1 or 2 live ones.

But I have noticed somthing a little strange. While watching the play at the $20/40-£20/40 games I see some of the players I have played at the lower limits. But these are the players I have good notes on as being weak and good for my bankroll.

Now I know game selection in stud can be a little limited on crypto sites at times but would a player with the banlroll to play at a £20/40 game waste their time at a £2/4 game?

I thought that maybe they just wanted to play and no big games were available so they figured they would slum-it at the low limits. And maybe playing at this level they dont really care about loosing a buy-in or 3.

I just want to get some thoughts on this observation.

Thanks

John

AdamK
04-17-2005, 05:16 AM
I think they are quite a few players there who just like to play & don't really care about the limit.
They probably like to play stud and there isn't many games to choose from. Maybe they are used to gambling bigger than 3/6 and also don't really understand how 'big' a 3/6 game is.

One of the worst stud players i have ever seen regularly plays in the £20/£40 game whilst playing 2 other stud tables. He must be loaded, he's been at it for at least 6 months now.

At another UK site i have seen a player in a $50/$100 stud game whilst playing in a play money stud game at the same time. (He can also be found at the 0.5/$1 table.)
Explain that one to me /images/graemlins/confused.gif

MLo
04-17-2005, 12:22 PM
I've been playing some low limit stud on Crypto recently and found it fairly profitable. Do you guys have any advice as to when the juciest stud games take place? Thanks.

robug
04-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Pretty much most of the day for me here on the west coast. The games slow down around 12AM pst. At that time all you will find is 1/2 games. On the weekends there are more games late at night.
There are few enough players on crypto skins that note taking is very important as you will be playing with the same people alot. Also watch for a early 3st completion with 5 or more callers. This will be a juicy game.

Good luck
John

CarlosChadha
04-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Hi All,

There are a couple very rich, very bad people who play the £20/£40 game, which in my opinion, make it hands down the most profitable stud game on the net. Of course there are also some very good, and very agressive players on there who play all the time, so note taking is important. Having a big bankroll is important as well because the aggressive and loose play by others can result in up to 100BB swings in just 5-10 hours.

Regards,
Carlos

Leavenfish
04-19-2005, 10:50 PM
I am wondering if people play Stud on these sites to whore off bonus requirements. Every stud would be a contributed hand after all. If not at the Crypto sites, perhaps others?

---Leavenfish

blackize
04-20-2005, 05:20 AM
Most sites only require that you be dealt in for it to count as a raked hand for you, assuming the hand gets raked. So Stud would be the worst thing you could play to work off a bonus. Having to put in money for every single hand where you could get 8 freebies at a HE or Omaha table. Omaha Hi lo is generally considered the best way to work off a bonus since you get credit for being dealt in plus you can probably win at least half the pot if you play intelligently at low limits.

Leavenfish
04-20-2005, 07:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Most sites only require that you be dealt in for it to count as a raked hand for you, assuming the hand gets raked. So Stud would be the worst thing you could play to work off a bonus. Having to put in money for every single hand where you could get 8 freebies at a HE or Omaha table. Omaha Hi lo is generally considered the best way to work off a bonus since you get credit for being dealt in plus you can probably win at least half the pot if you play intelligently at low limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, obviously I'm refering to situations where you do not have to be simply dealt in to count towards a bonus. In situations where you need to contribute to the rake however, it seems to me that Stud would be ideal...particularly at the lower limits. I play 1/2 for example.

---Leavenfish

PoorLawyer
04-20-2005, 10:30 AM
yeah you ante every hand, however the play is so loose that you can clear a 450 raked hand bonus in about 525 hands instead of the 800 it would take playing hold em.

robug
04-20-2005, 12:31 PM
Who are the players to watch out for (fear) in this game. I watch the 20/40lb game often but the insight and reads from someone who plays the game would be of value to me. I hope to play in this game in the future. (or at least the 20/40$ game)
I have played up to the 5/10E or 3/6lb game with very good results. But I think I should have a bankroll of about 3000 before I even think about moving to this level.

Thanks

John