PDA

View Full Version : Anything I could do here?

TomRowe
04-17-2005, 02:26 AM
Just started playing more 7 stud and am looking for some advice on my play. Not whining, not complaining about a bad beat. Just trying to get better.

7 Card Stud High ($0.5/$1), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.25 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in
Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___DID___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

5th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises
Seat 5: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls

6th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

River

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___calls
Seat 7: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___calls

Results:

Seat 1: balance $40.75, bet $5, collected $22.75, net +$17.75 [ As Js 3c Kd 2s 9s Ts ] [ a flush, ace high -- As,Js,Ts,9s,2s ]
Hero: balance $65.25, lost $5 [ Ac Ad 6h 7s 6d 7h 5d ] [ two pairs, aces and sevens -- Ac,Ad,7s,7h,6h ]
Seat 5: balance $55, lost $5 [ 2h 4c Qd 2d Qh Th 5s ] [ two pairs, queens and twos -- Qd,Qh,Th,2h,2d ]
Seat 7: balance $20.25, lost $5 [ 6c Kc Tc Ks 3d 8s 3h ] [ two pairs, kings and threes -- Kc,Ks,Tc,3d,3h ]

count1
04-17-2005, 04:03 AM
Yes, raise on 3rd street.You have the best hand.

Michael Emery
04-17-2005, 07:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anything I could do here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Raise third into all those higher upcards and hope to get reraised. Since you chose to limp you should have definitely raised fourth. This is a fairly high ante structured game with loose opposition, slowplay nothing. When exactly were your going to raise with your aces anyway? On fifth before you fell high? I'm afraid you trapped yourself that hand in your slowplaying net.

Mike Emery

Andy B
04-20-2005, 11:39 PM
You more or less have to raise third. If you limped on third with the intention of re-raising, I will accept that, but I think raising coming in is better. Failure to raise fourth, however, is a significant leak. You played the rest of the hand fine, and I like the value bet on the river.

Hauser_III
04-21-2005, 10:38 AM
I can't believe seat 1 stayed in on 5th for two bets with the crap he held (or for one bet, even). The fact that he pulled his miracle flush, though, will just convince him that he did the correct thing, and you should take money from him in the long run if you play correctly. He's a buddy list entry.

MRBAA
04-21-2005, 11:12 AM
First mistake: choosing this game over the 1-2 game, which has the same ante and a .25 larger bring in. It's still an overante game, but not so ridiculous.

Second mistake, as everyone told you, failing to pound at every opportunity with your aces. F the tricky stuff, save that for your big rollups. Raise and bet at every opportunity, pound that money in when you are ahead. Sure sometimes they'll suck out, but sometimes you'll find a 20bb pot sliding your way on the river with unimproved AA.

btw, I also say F value betting two pair into multiway pots on the river.

Spladle Master
04-21-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First mistake: choosing this game over the 1-2 game, which has the same ante and a .25 larger bring in. It's still an overante game, but not so ridiculous.

Second mistake, as everyone told you, failing to pound at every opportunity with your aces. F the tricky stuff, save that for your big rollups. Raise and bet at every opportunity, pound that money in when you are ahead. Sure sometimes they'll suck out, but sometimes you'll find a 20bb pot sliding your way on the river with unimproved AA.

btw, I also say F value betting two pair into multiway pots on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]