PDA

View Full Version : STT - ITM percentage/ROI

Kevin Garceau
04-17-2005, 12:34 AM
I was told to come here to ask you pros a few questions.

I know several on here play STTs just about exclusively.

What is the avg ITM% for some of the more profitable players. ROI?

thanks...

valenzuela
04-17-2005, 12:40 AM
congratulations, uve just ruined ur life, run away and dont come back. If u still want to ruin ur life stay and welcome aboard.

valenzuela
04-17-2005, 12:42 AM
ill explain...ur stats will make u suffer" why do i have so many fifths places!!!"

TruFloridaGator
04-17-2005, 12:54 AM
Aww Ven, it's only his first post..then again if someone got a hold of this it would be much worse, lol.

Anyway. Play 500 & post your stats. ROI really depends on what level you're playing at, if you multitable or not & then the obvious of skill level. Way too general of a question. Go play some & then get back to the forum. Most of all just search around for people posting results & that will give you idications of possible ROIs, etc.

Kevin Garceau
04-17-2005, 12:57 AM
Well... here is the gig.

My poker instructor likes my play in STTs. He thinks its showing to be very profitable for the time being. I dont have the millions of games logged like some folks. But since I did start keeping track with tracking software this is what it has produced.

71 games played

ITM% = 46.5%

ROI = 30.76%

AVG finish - 3.9

He figures its a small sample yet, but its showing promise. Another friend of mine says I need to avg in the money more than that to be a long term player. I dont think he is correct. I would think 40% over the long haul will get the job done.

As for limits these are primarily 20-30 dollar tourneys.

TruFloridaGator
04-17-2005, 01:01 AM
No, don't worry about it, just post in 400+ more SNGs.

Mr_J
04-17-2005, 01:19 AM
"He figures its a small sample yet, but its showing promise."

Correct. About showing promise, obviously you can't judge just by results but if he lkes your play then that's obviously a good sign.

"Another friend of mine says I need to avg in the money more than that to be a long term player."

Rediculous

"I would think 40% over the long haul will get the job done."

Depends on the limit. At higher limits this will more than get the job done. If you can get 40% ITM (spread evenly between 1-3) at the $33s you'll make plenty.

JasonP530
04-17-2005, 01:07 PM
dont worry about the average finish, as 4th is the same as 10th.

Slim Pickens
04-17-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My poker instructor likes my play in STTs.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the most useful piece of information.

[ QUOTE ]
He thinks its showing to be very profitable for the time being.

ROI = 30.76%

[/ QUOTE ]
Seems like a decent conclusion.

[ QUOTE ]

ITM% = 46.5%

Another friend of mine says I need to avg in the money more than that to be a long term player.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope you friend sucks less at life than he does at math.