PDA

View Full Version : PT Icon's what are the good and bad one's ?

joeski19
04-16-2005, 10:49 PM
I just got PT last week and loaded up all my HH's. Not much about 5k. I know small sample size. I also Imported Bison's auto rate rules. Anyways...

Right now on most Sites Empire, and Party I'm a /images/graemlins/frown.gif or SLAP. I'm not sure if that's bad or good. I'm thinking bad. So what are the good one's? Money bag? (Don't know if that means you make money or spew money) I know of course you don't want to be a fish, but I'm not sure about Eagle, Mouse, Elephant and the rest. Just today I started using GT and I see these Icons and I'm not sure how to play against the different ones. Except fish, calling station, and rock.

SampleTOOSMALL
04-16-2005, 10:53 PM
***STAMP***

Buckmulligan
04-16-2005, 10:55 PM
From my experience, the players you really want to go after are the dice, the Loose aggressive/passives. There are many and they suck.

joeski19
04-16-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
***STAMP***

[/ QUOTE ]

WTH is that? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

scotty34
04-16-2005, 11:03 PM
Each icon has a title associated with it. Fish being Loose-Passive / Passive, Eagle Being Tight-Agressive etc. I believe the first part is referring to their preflop play, and the second part refers to post flop. From these you should be able to reasonably infer a bit about each player's style.

Typically you want to be an Eagle, or a Moneybag, and I believe the general consensus is now leaning towards moneybag.

Saint_D
04-16-2005, 11:16 PM
read this BisonBison's notes on notes. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=micro&Number=923884&fpart= &PHPSESSID=)

There is a cheat sheet for the icons in there someplace. But only use the cheat sheet if you customize the icons.

-D

thesharpie
04-16-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Typically you want to be an Eagle, or a Moneybag, and I believe the general consensus is now leaning towards moneybag.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you want to either be a money bag or a smilie face. I always thought the eagle was tight aggressive preflop and semi passive postflop.

Saint_D
04-17-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you want to either be a money bag or a smilie face. I always thought the eagle was tight aggressive preflop and semi passive postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=954861&page=&view=&sb =5&o=&vc=1

You want to be the money bag. The Eagle is passive post flop.