PDA

View Full Version : Would really like some encouragement

Pocket77s
04-16-2005, 08:57 PM
Okay, I know I've gotten lucky my fair share of times. But has anybody ever felt like they are just plain unlucky? I was playing at my B&M cardroom at a 2/4 table. I've studied and still study "Small Stakes Hold'em" and try to model my play after the authors' teachings. Let me give you three hand I played that just ripped my heart out. (I'll try to be as acuarate with the info as I can)

Hero is the BB in seat 7 with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif MP1 calls, MP3 calls, MP4 calls, MP5 calls, SB completes Hero raises everybody calls (12 SB).

The flop comes: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (I'm thinking brilliant flop

Hero bets, everybody calls (18SB)

The turn is a A /images/graemlins/spade.gif SB checks, Hero bets MP1 folds, MP3 calls, MP4 calls, MP5 folds, SB calls (12BB)

The river is a A /images/graemlins/club.gif SB checks, Hero bets, MP3 raises, MP4 folds, SB 3 bets, Hero makes a crying call and MP3 calls, SB shows Aces full of 3's.

Next hand:

Hero is 2 of the button in middle position with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif MP3 (weak passive) calls, MP4 calls, MP5 calls, MP6 calls, Hero raises, MP8 folds, MP9 folds, LAG in SB 3bets, everybody calls to Hero who caps (24SB)

The flop comes: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif . LAG checks, MP3 bets, MP4 calls, MP5 calls, MP6 calls, Hero raises, LAG cold calls, everybody calls. (36 SB)

The turn is a 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Every body checks to the Hero who bets, LAG calls, MP3 calls, MP4 folds, MP5 folds, MP6 calls, (24 BB)

The river is a 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Every body checks to the Hero who bets, LAG folds MP3 calls MP6 folds, MP3 shows a set of 3s.

The last hand, not much to say but went all in on the turn with top pair J /images/graemlins/heart.gif with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif kicker. got rivered with a K

Tell me I'm not the only one this happens to. I pretty sure I played those hands properly. Is there coming back from this horror?

chesspain
04-16-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tell me I'm not the only one this happens to. I pretty sure I played those hands properly. Is there coming back from this horror?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. Is your home built on top of a cemetary?

CallMeIshmael
04-16-2005, 09:03 PM
You're certainly not the only person these things happen to. No matter how good of a player you become, there are certain hands in which you are destined to lose money. It just cant be avoided. The first two are very good examples of this (the third probably is too, but we dont have the board details, etc).

Just a heads up: you should never have the opportunity to go 'all in' in limit play. Always, always have enough money on the table to go the max (unless betting cant be capped... if thats the case, make sure you have enough. Like at least 20 BBs)

Harv72b
04-16-2005, 09:04 PM
Poker can be brutal at times. This was one of those times.

Don't let the suckouts bring you down. You played these hands well and your opponents played them terribly. Well, looking back, I can see some logic in SB's play in hand 1. At any rate, these kind of beats will happen over and over and over again as you play, no matter how good you are. I won't say get used to them, but at least grow accustomed to them happening. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Etric
04-16-2005, 09:10 PM
B&M 2/4 tables are rigged.

young nut
04-16-2005, 10:24 PM
Variance can really kick you in the arss at times, especially on hands like this. You just gotta step back from these hands and take a breather, but don't let them affect your play. Focus on the long run.

Hoi Polloi
04-16-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Greater horrors than these lay in store. Chin up, chest out, poker happens.