PDA

View Full Version : not that huge semi bluff...according to markL444

Sponger15SB
04-16-2005, 08:24 PM
A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the BB, $.5-1NL on BoDog, I've got $150

Normal and average MP raises to $3, he has about $130, Button who thinks he is jesus christ and always tells everyone how good his is in the chat calls and he has about $500

Flop is J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, MP bets $4, BU calls $4, I call $4

...yeah, fold there, gotcha, moving onto the turn....

The turn is a 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, MP bets $20, BU calls, I push

TrailofTears
04-16-2005, 08:33 PM
You have fequity against a variety of hands, and you have about 53 outs, so I like it. Calling here isn't bad, because lots of your outs are pretty transparent if they hit, so you will likely get paid off.

I still prefer the push, because I am kind of aggro like that, and I think you have lots of fequity and lots of outs against any hand that either villain can hold.

-Trail

MarkL444
04-16-2005, 08:39 PM
i woudlnt exactly call it "huge"

Sponger15SB
04-16-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i woudlnt exactly call it "huge"

[/ QUOTE ]

Happy? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously though, maybe I should just stick to posting in OOT

BobboFitos
04-16-2005, 08:58 PM
I dont really like it

but the flop call is fine

TrailofTears
04-16-2005, 09:16 PM
Care to elaborate...

BobboFitos
04-17-2005, 01:20 AM
Yeah -

I think pot is 61 when it gets back to sponge, and he has 130 or so left. so calling the raise puts 110 stack and 80 in pot..

actually, not too big of an overbet, so it's ok. actually, this probably works ok, I just keep thinking MP1 has KQ and instacalled.

fimbulwinter
04-17-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the BB, $.5-1NL on BoDog, I've got $150

Normal and average MP raises to $3, he has about $130, Button who thinks he is jesus christ and always tells everyone how good his is in the chat calls and he has about $500

Flop is J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, MP bets $4, BU calls $4, I call $4

...yeah, fold there, gotcha, moving onto the turn....

The turn is a 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, MP bets $20, BU calls, I push

[/ QUOTE ]

ni han.

fim

PS- folding the flop would be the exact opposite of what you insinuate it to be.

Popinjay
04-17-2005, 02:10 AM
Just looking at it I am pretty sure that this play is hugely -EV. Unless you are extremely sure that everyone is going to fold would i like it. it looks like you have a lot of outs but there's only one card to come. for example if 23hh calls you in that spot you are a 52.27 vs 47.73 underdog to win.

TheWorstPlayer
04-17-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PS- folding the flop would be the exact opposite of what you insinuate it to be.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was going to say. If a K hits the turn, you are going to make way more than the necessary implied odds here. Not to mention the fact that you have a hand which plays very well multi-way. Particularly if, say, the 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif hits the turn. This is an easy flop call for $4 behind other callers. This board is very fold happy, methinks. Although I'm a calling station, I admit...