PDA

View Full Version : Your best part-time job ever

jack spade23
04-16-2005, 07:58 PM
I just got a job in a factory. I splice and check rubber gaskets. This is by far the best job i have ever had as a teenager for part time money. I get 8/hr. What was your best part time job growing up? Or best job ever (low hours do nothing work, etc.)

partygirluk
04-16-2005, 08:01 PM
I got paid to go to Vegas and stay in The Rio and watch bridge.

partygirluk
04-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Also got paid to watch a football match and write it up for a national newspaper.

scotty34
04-16-2005, 08:05 PM
I had a job for two weeks last summer working at a pulp mill during their shutdown. My job title was "Entry Watch." Basically I sat outside of a confined space while a worker or several workers went in and did maintenance on/cleaned it, and made sure they didn't die of poisonous gases or asphyxiation. If they were dying, I was to get on the radio and alert the emergency team. I was not allowed to go into the space myself.

Pay = $23.50 / hr

Long days, +mad O/T, +crazy union benefits = $3500 for working 10 days.

Ianco15
04-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Last summer I got a job at Bed Bath and Beyond for 9.50/hour. Actually this job wasn't any better or worse than my other jobs. Strouds: The Linnen Experts for 9/hour and Crate and Barrel for 9/hour.

I never worked any of these jobs for more than 4 months before I quit. Actually I only worked at BB&B for a month before quiting.

My favorite thing to do was to get a magazine and go into the bathroom and read for a few hours. At Crate & Barrel I actually watched a whole movie in the break room while clocked in. I was the worst employee ever, and I will never work in retail again.

TeeJayORTj
04-16-2005, 08:09 PM
Delivered Pizza for 2 months...pulled in 20 bucks an hour for 10 hours a week. Not bad for being in High School.

Corey
04-16-2005, 08:10 PM
online poker player.

27offsuit
04-17-2005, 08:18 AM
In college, I was the "keg guy" at an outdoor amphitheater (Great Woods / Tweeter Center) in MA, but in addition to that, I was the employee that stayed backstage for the afterparties until everyone got on the busses and left, usually at 2 or 3 in the morning.

Most debauchery witnessed: Diamond David Lee Roth (post-VH tour)

IrrelevantFact
04-17-2005, 08:56 AM
Andorra is a tiny country, between France and Spain, that used to be co-governed by both of them.

Pinga
04-17-2005, 09:17 AM
I had a gig playing with a bunch of old men in the Italian band when I was 17.

There are Italian festivals in most cities in the summer. They parade statues of saints around and pin dollar bills to them. They are a lot of fun, especially in the North End (Boston).

The day starts with a parade. Play some Carmen and stroll down the street. Every block or two there is a social center. We would stop at every one for a beer and some chat. This would go on for a few hours.

There's a concert/bandstand at night. By that time you're pretty loose. Someone always drops off a jug of home-brewed wine and you play for a couple of hours.

At the end of the night you get an envelope with some cash in it.

tripdad
04-17-2005, 11:29 AM
i worked at H-E-B, a grocery chain in Texas while in high school as a bag boy, then a check-out guy. the pay was not great, but i got to have sex with lots of the check-out girls and bag girls.

cheers!

IndieMatty
04-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Commission Sales - Sears Hardware 93 0 96... Avg about 20 an hour.

JMP300z
04-17-2005, 11:53 AM
Referee YMCA youth basketball.

17$ a game...1 game=45 min...4-8 games a week.

Way better than min wage @ media play.

However, I loved waiting tables too...good money, stay busy, have fun w/ the people you work with.

willie
04-17-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Most debauchery witnessed: Diamond David Lee Roth (post-VH tour)

[/ QUOTE ]

do tell.

YourFoxyGrandma
04-17-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
online poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

And it's not even close.

Diplomat
When I was 15, there was this promotional hole in one thing near my house. Basically it was at a new golf course, and you bought balls for .50 cents each or whatever and got to try to hit a hole in one. If you hit it, you won something, I forget what.

Anyway, I'd sit about 50 yards off the green and wait for someone to shoot a hole in one or wait for the green to be covered with balls. Then I'd double-check the hole in one or pick the balls up with a mower-thing. Basically I just sat on the side of a grass hill all day and read a book.

-Diplomat

Beerfund
Poker prop, 10 hours shifts,10$/hr, 4 days a week and I got to choose the days. Actually only "worked" 2-3 hours a day in the 3-6 and 4-8 games, and I was only 18. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Diplomat
04-17-2005, 12:04 PM
Weak.

-Diplomat